• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many points have you ever received on your licence?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many points have you ever received on your licence?

I have had 13: -
    1995 - 3 points - M61 - I did not see the camera. I used to speed all the time then(I rarely do now). 85mph in 70mph zone?
    1996 - 4 points - A57 middle of LIverpool. About midnight and road deserted. I drove the wrong way. 6 lane dual carriage way - 30mph zone - WTH? 47 mph. I got 4 points for arguing with the judge. And for being a Southerner.
    2002 - 3 points - Dulwich. Going through red light. As my marriage was breaking up. Very large junction on dual carriage way. I was in right hand lane and went through green light. Person in front did not indicate then turned right. I was stuck behind. Person in front waited ages after lights changed...
    2004 - 3 points. Overtaking on hashed lines on A303. Deserted road. Part of police crackdown. He was very officious - when I took form to police station they were amazed he had filled it all in - usually its left up too them.
    None - I am incredibly boring.
    59.09%
    More than zero - I will post about them.
    31.82%
    I have a licence to thrill AndyW's mum
    9.09%

I have a butler who drives me.
    If I'm driving, my dog takes the points on her licence.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

None - I am completely law abiding whether I'm on foot, on a cycle or in a vehicle.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What's a driving license?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          When you get on the bus tonight, ask the guy who sits at the fronr with that wheel in front of him.

Don't be surprised if he says "f**k off you stink"....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            No idea. But it's not a driving licence.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But points are only valid for 3 years and on record for 5. In the old days of a paper copy if you claimed you'd lost your paper licence after 3 you'd get it back without the points on it even though they were supposed to be on for 5.

So you haven't had 13 points on your licence... Just saying like
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was a bit of an eejit on a motorbike when I was a kid.

Managed to get caught doing 70 in a 30 for my first offence and while my licence was away waiting for court I got pulled again which caused all sorts of complications. Got 6 from court as well as the 3 so 9 at one point. Very sweaty times those... not least my dad was an insurance broker and went ballistic.

Don't think I've had 9 in total in the next 25 years. Must have gotten better at spotting them
                Last edited by northernladuk; 22 August 2017, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  None - I am completely law abiding whether I'm on foot, on a cycle or in a vehicle.
                  Never been in an accident but seen plenty huh

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    But points are only valid for 3 years and on record for 5. In the old days of a paper copy if you claimed you'd lost your paper licence after 3 you'd get it back without the points on it even though they were supposed to be on for 5.

So you haven't had 13 points on your licence... Just saying like
                    I asked your accountant and she said "what do you want the answer to be?".

Mind you Diane Abbott said I had 569.

Comment

Working...
                    X