• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waterloo upgrade

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who'd 've thunk it?

A Network Rail spokesman said: "During the process of testing the complex signalling, we identified an issue in this safety-critical system which we are working to resolve.

"This will take some time to fix and a small number of early passenger trains may be delayed as a result.

"We are working hard to minimise delays to passengers, but safely is our number one priority."
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Anyone (TFL contractors) have any inside info on if this is going to finish on schedule or is it going out to the right - and if so by how much?

Need to know whether to get a season ticket for Sept or extend pass for clientco car park.

Thanks.
      If ever there was a question which didn't need asking...
      Wifey had a lucky escape, her am meeting in the Westminster area got cancelled. I've got to be in town on Thursday, what time tomorrow do you reckon I realistically need to set off?

A Network Rail spokesman said: "During the process of testing the complex signalling, we identified an issue in this safety-critical system which we are working to resolve.

"This will take some time to fix and a small number of early passenger trains may be delayed as a result.

"We are working hard to minimise delays to passengers, but safely is our number one priority."
      And this is bollox, there were queues to get into some stations.
      Last edited by Mordac; 29 August 2017, 10:11.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Well if South Western Railway are as good as Great Western Railway then you need to extend your pass for Clientco carpark.
        How did I guess?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

How did I guess?
          It runs until Thursday so I'm really hopeful I can be back on the train next month.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It runs until Thursday so I'm really hopeful I can be back on the train next month.
            Next month "October" or next month "Friday"?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Next month "October" or next month "Friday"?
              Next month September as of Friday

Comment

Next month September as of Friday
                Want to take bets on when Waterloo is back up and working without delays due to this work?

Comment

Want to take bets on when Waterloo is back up and working without delays due to this work?
                  OK

Comment

In the old days they use to sack people when they screwed up engineering works which is why they never screwed them up....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In the old days they use to sack people when they screwed up engineering works which is why they never screwed them up....
                      Now they promote them to management

Comment

Working...
                      X