• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fun and games #844

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    ah I have been neg repped by Mr personality here.

My comment still stands go ahead and neg rep me as much as you like, you are still an unpleasant person whatever your priest thinks.
    You were only had one neg rep in response to your stupidity and your comments in your neg neg rep to me.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      UPDATE:

So I decided to just give the neighbour the £600 to keep the peace and

So I got back off holiday on Monday evening, neighbour comes walking over. With the post-holiday blues and after driving 210 miles with screaming kids in the back I wasn't in the mood for any arguments. Anyhow he starts going on about how he got thinking about it and decided to go round to the place we wanted. Chatted to the owner, was impressed and everything clean and tidy, showed him some jobs in process etc. Happy to take it there.

So the garage picked his car up Wednesday morn, left him a courtesy car, dropped his off last night. Came round saying he's well chuffed with the job. £260+VAT so £312 all in. He's happy we're happy. Even said he was gonna take his missus' Mini in cos she wants a union jack on the roof.

Moral of the story: Take your time and don't just bend over a barrel if you're sure that to do so would be monetarily and morally repugnant.

Our Brexit negotiation team seem to be taking a similar stance with the divorce bill.

The jury is out on this one.

I'd like to hear his side of the story.

Milan.

Comment

oops sorry I accidentally negged you, slip of the mouse

Definitely spot on!

Guys/Girls can you help & give Milan some +ve rep please!

how can I see my rep, I've never worked that out

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          You were only had one neg rep in response to your stupidity and your comments in your neg neg rep to me.
          I'm an agnostic and firmly with Marcus Aurelius on the subject of belief.

However as a confessed catholic maybe these are relevant.
          Do unto others as you would have them do unto you definition. A command based on words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount : “All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” The Mosaic law contains a parallel commandment: “Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to any other person.”

I like to obey this without a sky fairy!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm an agnostic and firmly with Marcus Aurelius on the subject of belief.

However as a confessed catholic maybe these are relevant.

I like to obey this without a sky fairy!
            1. Confession is not the just part of the RC Church, even the C of E has confession.
            2. As I have said on this forum previously, I am not RC in fact I am an atheist.
            3. As I have said on this forum previously, I am not Irish
            4. I made up the part about going to confession because I knew how predicable you are and what a bigoted reaction you would have.
            5. Having the user name Paddy is really interesting especially for the reaction of the ex-army types on the forum.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              1. Confession is not the just part of the RC Church, even the C of E has confession.
              2. As I have said on this forum previously, I am not RC in fact I am an atheist.
              3. As I have said on this forum previously, I am not Irish
              4. I made up the part about going to confession because I knew how predicable you are and what a bigoted reaction you would have.
              5. Having the user name Paddy is really interesting especially for the reaction of the ex-army types on the forum.
              1.Confession is optional in CofE normally reserved for just before you meet your maker. Its almost mandatory for catholics.
              2. So you are a godless chunt then.
              3. And?
              4. You lied what a surprise.
              5. traditionally Irish what do you expect? If I called myself Daffyd I would expect sheep scaring jokes.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

looks lads stop arguing and just tell me how the feck I can see me rep 'cos I've never worked that out

there's lovely,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  looks lads stop arguing and just tell me how the feck I can see me rep 'cos I've never worked that out

there's lovely,

Milan.
                  Click on Settings top, middle of the screen, then scroll down.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/usercp.php

It's under all your infractions. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Click on Settings top, middle of the screen, then scroll down.
                      thanks, been looking for that for flippin' years !

I must be doing something I got more green rep than red rep

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X