• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound at 92p to the Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Shares in Provident had plunged 66% on Tuesday, wiping £1.7bn off its stock market value, after it issued a shock profit warning and its longstanding chief executive, Peter Crook, resigned."

Slimy doorstep company, run by Mr Crook.......could you make it up?

Comment

UK economy weaker than it appears

Pound dropping, economy tanking, the wheels are coming off the Brexit waggon.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Afternoon All,

just incase you hadn't noticed, Pound at 92p to the Euro

Milan.
        Brilliant news for you. It means on your next trip back to Blighty the cost of your Pampers will be a fraction of what they used to be. You might be able to get yourself some worry beads with the cash you have saved.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Brilliant news for you. It means on your next trip back to Blighty the cost of your Pampers will be a fraction of what they used to be. You might be able to get yourself some worry beads with the cash you have saved.

No need for worry beads: Urban Dictionary: Milanese beans

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            This is great news for exports.
            As long as it's fresh air we're exporting.

Record rise in import costs dents growth in UK manufacturing
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh man where can I buy my credit default swaps when these CDOs go bad?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Strange I was getting 1.05 Merkel marks to the pound on a crossing to rotterdam the other say.
                The exchange rate is not the same as tourist buy and sell rates. Currently the fx rate is 1.08. Tourist rate to sell GBP for EURO is around 90p to 100p per Euro.

The UK is the sick man of Europe again.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Strange I was getting 1.05 Merkel marks to the pound on a crossing to rotterdam the other say.
                  Fk me, you Brexiters ARE thick !
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Fk me, you Brexiters ARE thick !

Comment

Well at least it is OUR pound and we can print as much of it as we like.

Imagine printing presses now against a currency devaluating quicker than a quick thing with quick bits on it. UK will seem quite poor by Greek standards.

Comment

Working...
                      X