• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's the stuff left over when they've got all the petroly goodness out of the feedstock.
    Are they the things that sound like a bag of bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      You need a bigger engine sunshine.
      yes and that's the problem to get the low revs grunt from a petrol that you have in a diesel you need a monster petrol and then the consumption is sky high

look at the SQ7, 4 litre v8 diesel with 40mpg

what's not to like ?

and SAS, we were in the smoke last week, for all of 24 hours, we noticed that an evening walking around central London left visible dirt on our faces

I strongly recommend you to move to the country, it's not healthy in Laaandan

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        yes and that's the problem to get the low revs grunt from a petrol that you have in a diesel you need a monster petrol and then the consumption is sky high

what's not to like ?

and SAS, we were in the smoke last week, for all of 24 hours, we noticed that an evening walking around central London left visible dirt on our faces

Milan.
        It's a diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          It's a diesel?

it sure is

The new SQ7

same engine as the Porsche Panamera and Cayenne

Milan.

Comment

it sure is

The new SQ7

Milan.
            Blimey. I've just discovered the even Bentley sells a diesel. What on earth is happening?

I was brought up a good little lad and, therefore, have never owned a diesel (shudder).

Comment

it sure is

The new SQ7

Milan.
              Looks very nice by the way.

Comment

we live out in the sticks SAS, chateau benes has very clean air, so a bit more NO from an engine half the size of a modern tractor or combine isn't going to make much difference

and besides, those petrols never have the low revs grunt that modern high performance diesels have, and you have to rev the bollocks out of petrols to get them to do anything and at those high revs it's never a pleasant experience inside the cabin

Milan.
                https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/modelx/design?redirect=no

This car is probably the best glimpse into the future of personal transport. The P100D is the top model of the X range so we get an insane 611bhp and 967Nm of torque, translating to a family SUV that'll reach 62mph in the same time as a McLaren 720S - that's 2.9 seconds!

This car is also brimming with tech. Already installed is all the hardware needed for full self-driving capacity, enhanced autopilot allowing the car to drive itself, find faster lanes and exit motorways. The P100D also has the option of 7 seats, 351 miles of range and soon Smart Summon - allowing you to be able to summon your car with a whistle/click of a button, no more searching aimlessly round car parks!

Make America great again! Stop buying 19th century German diesel crap.

Comment

range of 349 miles

my current Q7 diesel with 8 speed auto and 100l fuel tank will do 600 miles on a tank at 100mph with the car fully loaded

Do the maths

Milan
                  sent from my iPhone

Comment

what's not to like ?

Milan.
                    That's just old thinking...

The little 2 litre petrol engine in the current John Cooper works Mini pulls like a train and is as fast as my 3.5 litre SL.

And is so damn smooth it's upsetting...

No real need to buy large engines anymore

The SQ7 is asking for trouble. It will get killed by the high priests of emissions before its even run in...

Unless you live in a cave you can't have missed the fake mass horror of all the various countries that are claiming they were fooled by diesel.

Comment

to tell the truth on the mainland nobody absolutely nobody discusses or gives a monkeys about the "emissions" scandal

in my fleet I have

a Q7 3.0 tdi
                      an A4 3.0 tdi
                      and a Passat 2.0tdi

nobody on the mainland cares a monkeys about the emissions this is all a British hype propoganda thing

regarding ur mini

my Q7 is two and a half tons try propelling that to 60 in 5 seconds wth your 2.0petrol

Milan in pointing out a few facts mode

Comment

Working...
                      X