• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Saw a Corrado Storm Vr6 yesterday - lovely
    Lovely indeed . I nearly bought one back in the day, and an acquaintance advised me not to. He'd had 3 - in less than 9 months. The first 2 had exploding gearboxes and in the last one almost everything electrical packed up. Unless you're very lucky (or can fix most things yourself, including engine rebuilds) they are an absolute money pit.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      for me the perfect Modern Classic is:

. cheap to buy today

. very few left

. easy to maintain

. price is going to fly

let me know if you find that one

Milan.
      Some ideas for cheap money. I reckon if you held on to them and kept them in good nick, you could sell them for more than you paid for them, and get to use them.

Maserati 3200 3.2 V8 GT 2dr
      Jaguar XJS 5.3 HE 2dr
      Mercedes-Benz CL 6.0 CL600 2dr
      Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24v Lusso 6 speed 2dr
      BMW 6 Series 3.5 635CSi Auto 2dr

All cars I personally like and you don't see on the roads very often now.

Comment

Working...
      X