• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So many car threads...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many car threads...

Just saying like...

True, but it beats blasted Brexit wouldn't you say?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      True, but it beats blasted Brexit wouldn't you say?
      Yep, much more interesting and just as controversial !!

Comment

Should my next car be 280bhp or 503bhp?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          you mean 284 or 510 PS ??

Comment

I am for the extra horse power, not necessarily for top speed, but it comes in very useful for over taking

I was in the UK last week, drove from Gatwick to central London and then to the FoD.

I gotta say, the UK is becoming one full time traffic jam.

It seems, no matter what time of day, no matter what day, there were congested motorways.

My conclusion is obviously, those same old motorways which have been there for the last 40 years don't have the bandwidth/capacity for the number of cars

And as public transport in the UK will never be invested in, and therefore never seduce people away from the motor car, then the only way will be to add more lanes to the main motorway arteries

I had to laugh, driving down the M4 to the west country and the FoD, I was surprised and taken aback to see one of those old Intercity 125 diesel locomotives still in use !!!! How old are those things ? and the line on the welsh side is still not even electrified

Where are we ?

Milan.

Comment

Try a bicycle.

Comment

Shouldn't we be using standard EU metric units for power, if we're ... Ah, no, as you were.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

So many car threads...

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Shouldn't we be using standard EU metric units for power, if we're ... Ah, no, as you were.
                  Well, my choice is either a 2l or a 2.9l engine. Petrol is 116.9p per litre.

If I wanted to use the EU standard units, I'd talk in watts.
                  If I wanted to use the SI standard units, it's also watts. That's the global standard and is named after a Scotsman.
                  So, much as you'd like to bash the EU (as ever and at every opportunity), you'd look as big an idiot as usual for doing so.

Perhaps you'd prefer we used the FFF system?

http://www.bipm.org/utils/common/pdf...chure_8_en.pdf
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well, my choice is either a 2l or a 2.9l engine. Petrol is 116.9p per litre.

If I wanted to use the EU standard units, I'd talk in watts.
                    If I wanted to use the SI standard units, it's also watts. That's the global standard and is named after a Scotsman.
                    So, much as you'd like to bash the EU (as ever), you'd look as big an idiot as usual for doing so.

Perhaps you'd prefer we used the FFF system?

oh yes, the price of petrol

on the mainland most of the west and central European countries are paying the equivalent of 1eur at the pump for a litre of diesel

remind me how much they were charging last week at membury services

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X