• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ANyone contracted with Tech Mahindra and/or Talk Talk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    These days they are also indulging in another scam. They harvest out the CV's from a genuine consultant and then modify their ICT visa chaps CV to match it word by word to make it look genuine. You will submit your CV and not hear anything anymore. I have even found my linkedin profile copied word by word.
    Bloody hell!

How did you discover that? Put a sentence from your profile into LI search?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I assumed it might be to do some token interviews with indigenous Brits, conclude that unaccountably none are suitable, which then gives them a supposedly valid excuse to ship in more ICT visa guys for the work.
      That's how I thought these things worked.

Comment

T2 ICT isn’t a easy option, takes ages to get a sponsorship licence, assign a COS, pass resident market test, pay them 30-40k depending on subtype, doesn’t lead to ILR, certainly no start next week scenarios here.

Not like for like....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          T2 ICT isn’t a easy option, takes ages to get a sponsorship licence, assign a COS, pass resident market test, pay them 30-40k depending on subtype, doesn’t lead to ILR, certainly no start next week scenarios here.

Not like for like....
          They can easily but them on 30-40k salary on paper, then withhold most of it for company provided amenities etc. And they don't care if the slaves workers will get ILR or not, they just grab a fresh batch after 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Not like for like....
            Funny, Wipro seemed to have no problem doing it at my last client. Didn't seem to matter what role was available, they always seemed to have someone that could fill it, straight off the plane and no matching no skills whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Funny, Wipro seemed to have no problem doing it at my last client. Didn't seem to matter what role was available, they always seemed to have someone that could fill it, straight off the plane and no matching no skills whatsoever.
              Yep seen that as well.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tech Mahendra AND Talk Talk? That has to be a match made in hell.....

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  they have to have matching skills? that would be novel!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    they have to have matching skills? that would be novel!
                    Some people are better story writers than others....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X