• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

With low blood pressure, shouldn't stress be beneficial?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy I work with at clientco claims to suffer from low blood pressure, and I joked that perhaps he needs more stress, to raise it.

But seriously, assuming the low blood pressure doesn't have some obvious cause such as a dodgy heart valve, might not some stress be a remedy of sorts?

Maybe someone with low blood pressure should get into more arguments, or run up more bills than they can pay, or get a job driving ten hours a day in heavy traffic, or keep moving house, or all of those and more.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

He could be made a mod on here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      A guy I work with at clientco claims to suffer from low blood pressure, and I joked that perhaps he needs more stress, to raise it.

But seriously, assuming the low blood pressure doesn't have some obvious cause such as a dodgy heart valve, might not some stress be a remedy of sorts?

Maybe someone with low blood pressure should get into more arguments, or run up more bills than they can pay, or get a job driving ten hours a day in heavy traffic, or keep moving house, or all of those and more.
      It's a bit like saying that Brexit is a good treatment for a strong currency.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Stress doesn't raise blood pressure, if it did I wouldn't have low blood pressure.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Stress doesn't raise blood pressure, if it did I wouldn't have low blood pressure.
          Maybe it's intelligence that raises blood pressure
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Maybe it's intelligence that raises blood pressure
            Stop using long words.
            If I were to suffer high blood pressure I'd probably walk the dogs a bit more often...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Stop using long words.
              If I were to suffer high blood pressure I'd probably walk the dogs a bit more often...

Is that just after WTFH saw a cyclist and shouted kill.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                He could be made a mod on here.
                I don't even despise my ex-wives enough to want them made a mod on here. MF maybe....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I don't even despise my ex-wives enough to want them made a mod on here. MF maybe....
                  Even MF divorced you!

Comment

Working...
                  X