• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is Princess Di everywhere?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@PhiltheGreek (even though you are actually Danish) - I thought you were retired. The papers are moaning about you going to open some bridge.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      @PhiltheGreek (even though you are actually Danish) - I thought you were retired. The papers are moaning about you going to open some bridge.
      Yeah - I renounced the Greek and Danish business in 1947 but don't let that spoil a good story.

I wouldn't normally bother with the bridge, but I've written some lame gags about the Third Forth crossing - there'll be loads of sycophantic plebs hanging about and they'll have to laugh out of a sense of duty. BTW - the papers aren't moaning love, they're well chuffed the A team is back in business.

Comment

Impressive bit of engineering though eh?

The Scousers are getting a similar one too. Probably won't open that one though - don't want the daimler up on bricks.

And for completeness, here's the Frenchies British designed version. Which is the best of all, IMO. Driving from the med to Paris and over this thing is a real treat (topless motoring is recommended for this scenario).

Comment

Front page of the Sun today:

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Front page of the Sun today:

Thank Christ Jimmy Saville wasn't there.

Comment

I love Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingd...bout_princess/
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The link to Newswipe made me giggle.

Comment

'Diana-mania' spreads from Britain as death anniversary looms | France 24

PARIS (AFP) - The 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death has filled magazines, newspapers and television screens in Britain for weeks, but not only there: across Europe, media groups are marking the occasion, underlining her international appeal.
                  In Europe, many media groups have commissioned documentaries, special reports or their own investigations two decades after her death in a Paris car crash on August 31, 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I want Avatars!

I want strap lines!

I want signatures!

AND I WANT THEM NOW!!

If these guys can have them then so can we!!
                    FFS.

(Brilliant the app quote feck up is still there!)

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                      True. Not unusual though - I told him that every week when he came round for his audience with HRH The Mrs.
                      Actually it's Her Majesty The Mrs. "HRH" is for the riff-raff. Which includes you, I believe...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X