• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend plans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend plans

So this weekend I will be mainly wandering round Vienna as I can't be arsed to fly home today and return Monday morning.

The rest of the family will be thankful that I'm not there as they bankrupt me in Bicester Village and that there London town...

So before I hit the bankruptcy courts next month what is everyone else doing this bank holiday weekend....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I'll probably spend half the weekend battling my way down to Devon in the bank holiday traffic, and then the other half driving back to Cambridge.

Actually, I plan to take a crafty A road route nearly all the way and avoid motorways almost entirely. So maybe it won't be so bad, unless loads of caravaners have the same idea.

Besides that, an eye test in Barnstaple to see if I need new gig lamps (probably not), and maybe a trip to Torquay if it's sunny.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

A nice little beer festival at a local brewery with a dear friend tonight. Family jolly on Sunday which necessitates the use of a hire car for 24 hours. I was somewhat amazed to find out I could hire a car for as little as £14 for 24-hours.

Comment

TFA

WFH today

Tomorrow amusing baby bp.

Sunday is birthday.

Monday driving back to the smoke.

Comment

Playing an open air gig tonight, gardening tomorrow, cricket on Sunday, friend's wedding on Monday.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Playing an open air gig tonight, gardening tomorrow, cricket on Sunday, friend's wedding on Monday.
            Which instrument? Is it just company personnel invited or the public?

Comment

Day off today to await the delivery of a new fridge freezer after the old one mysteriously gave up the ghost on the very afternoon the electric board were 'fixing the supply' under the road. Bastards.

Other than that, SFA planned. As it's a bank holiday, the temptation to go and do anything will be tempered by the knowledge that every ****er within 75 miles will decide to do the exact same thing and the day will be spoilt. I'll probably move into the pub till Tuesday.

TFA though Eek. Have you got stuff to do in Vienna? If it were me i'd be tempted to travel to Budapest for the day. Had a great time there ~15 years ago, it would be good to see what's changed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Which instrument? Is it just company personnel invited or the public?
                Guitar (and providing some vocals)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Guitar (and providing some vocals)
                  When will we see the mod band with you on guitar and cojak on the ukelele?

And what will NAT and admin do?

Comment

Off to a little town which has 4 breweries and 43 different beers. Lots of sun also guaranteed
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X