• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saturday Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They also target particular people to be searched both inbound and outbound. I use to know a Sikh guy - yes with a typical Sikh name - who was searched every single time he went out through a British airport.
    I got pulled over before boarding the flight to the US a couple of years ago, searched my hand luggage and turned on my laptop to watch it boot up. Was just me and a bunch of middle eastern looking guys... I was told that my name had been flagged up by the US security services and not to be surpised if I got the same at the other end. The guy said "Don't give them any jip at all or they will hold you for 72 hours..."

I'd been sharing a lot of rt.com and zerohedge articles at the time and commenting on a lot of Syria/Ukraine/MH17 type stuff...

Been back twice since then and it has been fine but I've toned down my social media quite a bit as well...

*EDIT* - Nothing happened at the other end except they (SFO) kept us all waiting 2 hours get through passport control. Wasn't the most pleasant flight I've had anticipating being interrogated by uncle Sam.
    Last edited by Jog On; 28 August 2017, 18:43.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Walking towards the boxes to collect our stuff we walked past the queue for the full body scanner and low and behold there were the couple from the saaaf east looking glum,

Milan.
      It may have worked well for you this time milan, but breezing through check-in wearing nothing but a pair of bright pink incontinence pants and carrying a teddy bear and a comfort blanket will only get you so far.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

In other news:

Man flies to Germany on girlfriend’s passport as airport security fail to spot the difference | The Independent
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Tummy in, chin out.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            It may have worked well for you this time milan, but breezing through check-in wearing nothing but a pair of bright pink incontinence pants and carrying a teddy bear and a comfort blanket will only get you so far.

HTH

:-)

you got the picture

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              They also target particular people to be searched both inbound and outbound. I use to know a Sikh guy - yes with a typical Sikh name - who was searched every single time he went out through a British airport.
              I tend to get searched whenever I am going through an airport. Long hair and a slightly dark complextion seems to make them panic a little!!!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                Long hair and a slightly dark complexion seems to make them panic a little!!!
                Don't go sprinting for the Tube whatever you do.....

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                X