• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment in British car industry has plummeted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Three-quarters of investment lost. You've got to admit that's fucking huge.
    Yeah, it's all terrible news....

Aston Martin announces £500m UK-Japan deal - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Good news indeed. 500 million over 5 years. So 100 million a year. A few more (many more) deals like this and we may make up the missing 1.5 billion per year.
      But why would you care? Didn't you say in your last post you were leaving for the EU? :rolleyes
      Last edited by sasguru; 30 August 2017, 22:21.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

But why would you care? Didn't you say in your last post you were leaving for the EU? :rolleyes
        nah he said he was leaving You!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm sorry but I thought you were supposed to be financially literate Sas?

Investment is typically something you do to create something for a return... having spent 2 bliilion on investment for plant machines and possibly R&D for new cars. The chances are it's funded the change and the works complete. now the companies involved will expect a decade or so worth of returns for that money...

Investment last year doesn't need to be spent every year it's a one off business cost. If you are spending the same or more year on year it's not investment it's BAU operations

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Investment is typically something you do to create something for a return... having spent 2 bliilion on investment for plant machines and possibly R&D for new cars. The chances are it's funded the change and the works complete. now the companies involved will expect a decade or so worth of returns for that money...

Investment last year doesn't need to be spent every year it's a one off business cost. If you are spending the same or more year on year it's not investment it's BAU operations
            Stop speaking sense.

All ass guru understands is that everyone should plough money into things because all he ever does is fail.

As seen by many posts in here.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Complete and utter bollux.
              The car industry doesn't stand still and requires continuous ongoing investment, especially in R&D and to create new models.
              That investment* has been in the 1.5-2 billion range per year, for the last few years, till 2016 and 2017 when it fell off a cliff.

*or call it spend if you wish
              Last edited by sasguru; 31 August 2017, 07:46.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

All ass guru understands is that everyone should plough money into things because all he ever does is fail.
                My daily rate is 1200 a day. Yours?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

His mum's thinking about giving him a monthly allowance to budget for and buy his own pants.

Comment

Great news. Will mean a few more U-turns are required, though:

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Japanâ€[emoji769]s Top 10 Exports

Is it really a good idea to have a great trade deal with a country who pretty much make the same tulip as you?

Will the Germans really all start buying Japanese cars?

Or the french?

Sometimes I wonder if any of you fu<kwits have a brain - just because you have a trade deal it does not mean it will add value.
                    But how can it be good news if the deal is with failing Japan...

In Japan as you might guess. This is where central bank policy is going after the negative interest rates run out of steam...

Japan cabinet approves $130 billion in fiscal steps as part of stimulus

So basically printing money and transfering it to benefits packages.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Very smooth.

Comment

Working...
                      X