• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is why joggers get...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why joggers get...

Moving on from Chris Hoy (who is nearer 15st) and the fact that guys over 8st shouldn't wear lycra to cycle in, apparently female runners should be careful of their workout gear as that's why "joggers get raped".

linky

A woman who had just completed a half marathon was left in shock after she was told that her work out clothes were why ‘joggers get raped’.
    Runners World link

“Running around in skin tight underwear is very tempting to any man. Take a hint and put some clothes on.”

It is not my responsibility to choose a race outfit or workout apparel to deter the temptation of men. The length of my shorts is not an indication of interest, invitation, or consent.
    I guess this old video was right in this being the only right way to wear sports gear
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Blaming physical assault because of the way people look is akin to blaming your obesity because Tesco sell fatty foods.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I thought this particular issue was a thing of the past

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Moving on from Chris Hoy (who is nearer 15st) and the fact that guys over 8st shouldn't wear lycra to cycle in, apparently female runners should be careful of their workout gear as that's why "joggers get raped".

linky

Runners World link

I guess this old video was right in this being the only right way to wear sports gear
          I'm all for women wearing as little as possible but what does annoy me is how running gear has become a fashion thing. Even the men are getting in on it and have all kinds of stripey colour coordinated outfits.

Nothing wrong with a 10 year old running t-shirt and lycra shorts that have seen better days.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I'm all for women wearing as little as possible but what does annoy me is how running gear has become a fashion thing. Even the men are getting in on it and have all kinds of stripey colour coordinated outfits.

Nothing wrong with a 10 year old running t-shirt and lycra shorts that have seen better days.
            This ^
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Not worth getting annoyed. Save it for Brexit.

Comment

I just wear knackered old T-shirts that have seen better days and regular longish baggy shorts or tracksuit bottoms.

My observation in the gym is the people who go all out with expensive gear aren't the ones that stick around consistently either.

Lycra and muscle vests are things I will never wear in a gym - or anywhere else for that matter.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I just wear knackered old T-shirts that have seen better days and regular longish baggy shorts or tracksuit bottoms.

My observation in the gym is the people who go all out with expensive gear aren't the ones that stick around consistently either.

Lycra and muscle vests are things I will never wear in a gym - or anywhere else for that matter.
                  The point of the story is she was competing in a race and so she chose to wear short stuff because it made her feel more comfortable, however some decided it was an invitation to rape women.

I don't expect any person doing an event to wear their training gear plus regardless of what you wear as a woman (or even a man) if you train in the wrong area you get unwanted comments, gestures and honks.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    The point of the story is she was competing in a race and so she chose to wear short stuff because it made her feel more comfortable, however some decided it was an invitation to rape women.

I don't expect any person doing an event to wear their training gear plus regardless of what you wear as a woman (or even a man) if you train in the wrong area you get unwanted comments, gestures and honks.
                    It sounds like an idiot was trying to be funny. I don't know any of my mates that would say something as stupid, unless it was trying to be funny and then they would be told to stop being a dick.

Incidentally, I was out for our annual piss-up and one of the lads brought a mate. When the mate went to the loo, I was told he's gay so don't saying anything that my offend. I thought wow things have moved on even for a bunch of 40 year olds.
                    Last edited by woohoo; 30 August 2017, 10:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X