This is why joggers get... This is why joggers get...
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Default This is why joggers get...

Moving on from Chris Hoy (who is nearer 15st) and the fact that guys over 8st shouldn't wear lycra to cycle in, apparently female runners should be careful of their workout gear as that's why "joggers get raped".

linky

A woman who had just completed a half marathon was left in shock after she was told that her work out clothes were why ‘joggers get raped’.
    Runners World link

“Running around in skin tight underwear is very tempting to any man. Take a hint and put some clothes on.”

It is not my responsibility to choose a race outfit or workout apparel to deter the temptation of men. The length of my shorts is not an indication of interest, invitation, or consent.
    I guess this old video was right in this being the only right way to wear sports gear
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Blaming physical assault because of the way people look is akin to blaming your obesity because Tesco sell fatty foods.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Contractor Among Contractors

PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

I thought this particular issue was a thing of the past

I live on CUK

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Moving on from Chris Hoy (who is nearer 15st) and the fact that guys over 8st shouldn't wear lycra to cycle in, apparently female runners should be careful of their workout gear as that's why "joggers get raped".

linky

Runners World link

I guess this old video was right in this being the only right way to wear sports gear
    I'm all for women wearing as little as possible but what does annoy me is how running gear has become a fashion thing. Even the men are getting in on it and have all kinds of stripey colour coordinated outfits.

Nothing wrong with a 10 year old running t-shirt and lycra shorts that have seen better days.

Godlike

PurpleGorilla - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I'm all for women wearing as little as possible but what does annoy me is how running gear has become a fashion thing. Even the men are getting in on it and have all kinds of stripey colour coordinated outfits.

Nothing wrong with a 10 year old running t-shirt and lycra shorts that have seen better days.
    This ^

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk is a fount of knowledge

Not worth getting annoyed. Save it for Brexit.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

I just wear knackered old T-shirts that have seen better days and regular longish baggy shorts or tracksuit bottoms.

My observation in the gym is the people who go all out with expensive gear aren't the ones that stick around consistently either.

Lycra and muscle vests are things I will never wear in a gym - or anywhere else for that matter.
    Whatever...

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    I just wear knackered old T-shirts that have seen better days and regular longish baggy shorts or tracksuit bottoms.

My observation in the gym is the people who go all out with expensive gear aren't the ones that stick around consistently either.

Lycra and muscle vests are things I will never wear in a gym - or anywhere else for that matter.
    The point of the story is she was competing in a race and so she chose to wear short stuff because it made her feel more comfortable, however some decided it was an invitation to rape women.

I don't expect any person doing an event to wear their training gear plus regardless of what you wear as a woman (or even a man) if you train in the wrong area you get unwanted comments, gestures and honks.

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    The point of the story is she was competing in a race and so she chose to wear short stuff because it made her feel more comfortable, however some decided it was an invitation to rape women.

I don't expect any person doing an event to wear their training gear plus regardless of what you wear as a woman (or even a man) if you train in the wrong area you get unwanted comments, gestures and honks.
    It sounds like an idiot was trying to be funny. I don't know any of my mates that would say something as stupid, unless it was trying to be funny and then they would be told to stop being a dick.

Incidentally, I was out for our annual piss-up and one of the lads brought a mate. When the mate went to the loo, I was told he's gay so don't saying anything that my offend. I thought wow things have moved on even for a bunch of 40 year olds.
    Last edited by woohoo; 30th August 2017 at 10:56.