• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon cheap but still ******* awful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London commuters snapping up Swindon properties (From This Is Wiltshire)

Hang on a minute! what's with the bad vibes? as with all places you have your good bits and bad bits and I can say that as a Londoner born and bred. A few weeks ago I asked about accommodation and got showered with negativity. The old town area is really quite nice. Some lovely houses around here. There are a lot of newbuilds which are fairly easy on the eye. The town centre has some pretty decent shops. I personally wouldn't turn my nose up at buying here. Very quick to get to by train but the fares are ridiculous. I am sure there are areas that are as rough as you like but why condemn the whole place?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Watch out for those jam butties....

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
        Hang on a minute! what's with the bad vibes? as with all places you have your good bits and bad bits and I can say that as a Londoner born and bred. A few weeks ago I asked about accommodation and got showered with negativity. The old town area is really quite nice. Some lovely houses around here. There are a lot of newbuilds which are fairly easy on the eye. The town centre has some pretty decent shops. I personally wouldn't turn my nose up at buying here. Very quick to get to by train but the fares are ridiculous. I am sure there are areas that are as rough as you like but why condemn the whole place?
        From what I remember, the Old Town area is literally 2 streets.

In the grand scheme of things, I am sure there are far worse places than Swindon. I wouldn't even call it a sh!thole but the problem with Swindon is that it's so utterly charmless.

Comment

Which contradicts last week's news that due to high rail fares commuters are selling up and moving to London.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ns-by-up-to-82

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...up-to-82#img-3

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cross rail isn't just in London
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Cross rail isn't just in London
                we know studio flats in Sluff cost £250K!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Watch out for those jam butties....

To be fair, easy enough mistake to make though.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    To be fair, easy enough mistake to make though.
                    Especially when it's clotted and gone a bit lumpy. You could mistake those for bits of fruit.

Comment

Working...
                    X