• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you always charge for full day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True story, I worked with one guy who put 27 hours for one day on his time sheet. It got rejected. He put it back in with an explanation that the day involved a change from day to night shift for which he was entitled to 8 hours pay. It was paid in full, 27 hours pay for one day.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So you only bill 2 days a week?
      I bill 2 days for Friday

Comment

OP. What does your contract say and what discussions have you had with your client about this. Startups are notorious for wanting their pound of flesh and not paying for it so I'd make sure it's absolutely all above or you'll not see a penny.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          True story, I worked with one guy who put 27 hours for one day on his time sheet. It got rejected. He put it back in with an explanation that the day involved a change from day to night shift for which he was entitled to 8 hours pay. It was paid in full, 27 hours pay for one day.
          Nice. Even at minimum wage, that will help PC pay back the hardship loan for the new fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            One of my gigs has a timesheet system that doesn't get the concept of anything less than a full day. I asked the admin how I input a half day worked and was ignored so, should the situation arise, I will just work it out with the person who signs off the timesheet.

For another gig, it's more of a gentleman's agreement. That's because I know them well and we trust each other. The work is remote so they don't truly know how much time I'm spending but I will save up the odd hour here and there and just charge a full (or half) day when it reaches what I think is worthy of either. I usually charge half day for up to 4 hours and full day for anything more.
            That's what I was thinking. I think it's sensible to charge at least 1/2 day, but if the common practice was to charge a day I'd have no trouble doing that instead. Will have a chat with the client ask what they think is best way to go from their point of view too, find a compromise.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
            X