• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I really hate horse flies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You big wussies, they are lovely things.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Finally worked out what was biting me in my back garden in Walthamstow - blandford flies. They're pretty small but said to have a worse bite than a horse fly. Count yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        Lot of people recommend Skin so soft by Avon
        Doesn't work, and is greasy

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
          Lot of people recommend Skin so soft by Avon
          that's for highland midges, - and it actually works rather well

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
            My grandad used to say that the trick was not to disturb them if you get bitten. 'Let them sook'.
            They inject digestive fluids in and then suck them out again, disturbing them leave more juice in, a bigger swelling.
            Never been able to not swat the bastards though.

I got bitten in the nether regions by one yesterday, boy did that hurt.
            I prefer my father's technic. He waited until they bite, while they entertained with the last meal, he smashed them with his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Doesn't work, and is greasy
              Sounds like MF.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have a loads of different insect sprays. The misses has said that I have a problem and I'm obsessed by bitey insects.

Worst bite I had was in Mauritius, swear it felt like a gun shot (I imagine) and I could hear the noise of the bite.

Just under my armpit and my arm went numb.

Perhaps I should start a worst bite website and make money from the advertising. Worstbitey.com

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I have a loads of different insect sprays. The misses has said that I have a problem and I'm obsessed by bitey insects.
                  If the feckers bite you and leave you with lumps and boils that irritate and cause pain for weeks afterwards, then of course you are going to be obsessed with ensuring they don't bite you in the first place.....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X