• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a bit politically correct round here...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    The mods are gods.
    At last you see reason. But you call me "sir".

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    welcome to the Pratchett reading Guild !
    Hat. Hat. Hat.

I think it's fairly safe to say that none of the mods are liberals, and certainly not those types who turn a blind eye to the misogyny, racism and homophobia of certain parts of the Muslim community.

It is a favourite argument of the racist, misogynistic and/or homophobic right, that anyone who calls them out is a liberal of the aforementioned type. Or an unreconstructed leftie like Corbyn.

I personally take great delight in the way such liberals tie themselves up in knots over their attempts to be tolerant. Like the idiots who published a kids' road safety book showing a girl wearing an Islamic headscarf - only to be accused by some Muslim women of sexualising children. Transport for London pulls child safety campaign with girl in hijab | Metro News
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ok it seems to work like this.

Islam is always right.

Gay is always right unless Islam says it isn't.

Woman is always right unless Islam or gay says it's not.

If you are a straight white make you are always wrong, even if you are right you are wrong because you are abusing white privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Islam is always right.

If you are a straight white make you are always wrong, even if you are right you are wrong because you are abusing white privilege.
        Only in Corbyn's world.

You don't have to look to far on the Left for women, gay and poor people pointing this out.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I personally take great delight in the way such liberals tie themselves up in knots over their attempts to be tolerant. Like the idiots who published a kids' road safety book showing a girl wearing an Islamic headscarf - only to be accused by some Muslim women of sexualising children. Transport for London pulls child safety campaign with girl in hijab | Metro News
          I bet being Transport for London a few people politely pointed before and after it was published young Muslim girls don't wear head scarves but were ignored or shouted down. Hence the more sensational stance to get them to withdraw it.

The Guardian didn't like it when I pointed out illustrating a story about head scarves with a face veil was OTT. I know they got a few complaints as some where in the comments section so didn't dare use the wrong image again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Titter ye not...
            Woe, Woe And Thrice Woe, the End is Nigh!.

I'm totally non discriminatory.

I fecking hate everyone.

<ZG in "going postal" mode>
            Last edited by zeitghost; 3 September 2017, 08:50.

Comment

Islam is always right.

Your persecution complex is actually kind of funny in a Brexit sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Only in Corbyn's world.

You don't have to look to far on the Left for women, gay and poor people pointing this out.
                Just ask Sarah Champion...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Islam is always right.

You are usually wrong, but it's not because of your race, gender or sexual orientation.
                  It's because you're thick.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    You are usually wrong, but it's not because of your race, gender or sexual orientation.
                    It's because you're thick.
                    Bloody liberal elite!

Comment

Hmmm....... inneresting.

The bell weather country for all this nonsense vis a vis what is heading our way is Canada.

Yes, really.

An example I was made aware of recently concerns the Canadian state broadcaster which has decreed that the song "Dreadlock Holiday" by 10cc will be added to a list of banned songs owing to the fact that it contains the homophobic lyric "Don't queer on me pitch".

Completely barking mad!

I can't imagine a band as anodyne as 10cc being capable of generating a furore that would do little more than pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Now, if they'd had them on cultural appropriation that may have been a slightly different matter.....

While I'm at it, I was watching some 1950s Daktari cum Born Free style flick on BBC Television last week prior to which a warning was issued telling us that the film contained "colonial themes likely to cause offence". I presume they were referring to the way in which all the coolies were addressing the white men as "Bwana" or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X