• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is your TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 32" CRT similar to this but 5 years older and a bit smaller https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/toshiba-36zp48/review/

Absolute top of the range BITD and burglar proof. It shows no sign of stopping or dropping quality.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. There is some rules of thumb about distance a different size where too big is actually worse as your peripheral vision can handle it if the telly is too big. Your viewing experience will be worse if the TV is too big. Clever stuff.

That said plenty on Google about it.

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science
      yeah I've seen that before, I'm going to be almost 5m away, but noway I'm forking out £3k for a 75" TV that will be superseded within 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. There is some rules of thumb about distance a different size where too big is actually worse as your peripheral vision can handle it if the telly is too big. Your viewing experience will be worse if the TV is too big. Clever stuff.

That said plenty on Google about it.

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science
        Just has to be big enough to see the nipples, and far enough away so as not to get jizz on the screen.....

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Toshiba 32" CRT similar to this but 5 years older and a bit smaller https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/toshiba-36zp48/review/

Absolute top of the range BITD and burglar proof. It shows no sign of stopping or dropping quality.
          You mean it's hard for a burglar to whack you with it due to the fact it is fecking heavy? Burglars don't steal TVs any more from people's house.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You mean it's hard for a burglar to whack you with it due to the fact it is fecking heavy? Burglars don't steal TVs any more from people's house.
            They don't?

How about my 2011 MBP then?

What do they steal these days?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              They don't?

How about my 2011 MBP then?

What do they steal these days?
              1. ID stuff like passports and driving licences
              2. Money stuff like cash and credit/debit cards especially those with chips. Also jewellery.
              3. Small higher value electrical goods like laptops, mobile phones and games consoles
              4. Vehicular stuff like cars, push bikes*, motorbikes and scooters - though they tend to be stolen to order
              5. Garden stuff - people have weird stuff stolen from their gardens so it can be plants, ornaments, bricks or whatever.
              6. Baby buggies

In short it needs to be small enough to hide easy or a means of escape as well. The weird stuff like the garden stuff I guess it's just opportunists with vans.

*You push bike just needs to be worth more than £200 and someone will try and steal it.
              Last edited by SueEllen; 1 September 2017, 15:04.

Comment

1. ID stuff like passports and driving licences
                2. Money stuff like cash and credit/debit cards especially those with chips. Also jewellery.
                3. Small higher value electrical goods like laptops, mobile phones and games consoles
                4. Vehicular stuff like cars, push bikes*, motorbikes and scooters - though they tend to be stolen to order
                5. Garden stuff - people have weird stuff stolen from their gardens so it can be plants, ornaments, bricks or whatever.
                6. Baby buggies

In short it needs to be small enough to hide easy or a means of escape as well. The weird stuff like the garden stuff I guess it's just opportunists with vans.

*You push bike just needs to be worth more than £200 and someone will try and steal it.
                Bulltulip.

This is your argument for not believe that TV's are not stolen.
                TVs are stolen too, and your pants ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  Bulltulip.

This is your argument for not believe that TV's are not stolen.
                  TVs are stolen too, and your pants ...

This is the UK not Portugal.

Use a bit of common sense why would you steal a 55 inch TV from a home which you may have to get off the wall and detangle cables from speakers, DVD players, Sky box, etc from it plus get it outside to a van without notifying the neighbours, when you can steal a passport and laptop which you can put in a carrier bag and get on the bus with?

Comment

This is the UK not Portugal.

Use a bit of common sense why would you steal a 55 inch TV from a home which you may have to get off the wall and detangle cables from speakers, DVD players, Sky box, etc from it plus get it outside to a van without notifying the neighbours, when you can steal a passport and laptop which you can put in a carrier bag and get on the bus with?
                    The largest thing I had stolen was a brand new washing machine that was plumbed in.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      The largest thing I had stolen was a brand new washing machine that was plumbed in.
                      Fell onto the back of a van.

Comment

Working...
                      X