How big is your TV How big is your TV - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 33

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Toshiba 32" CRT similar to this but 5 years older and a bit smaller https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/toshiba-36zp48/review/

Absolute top of the range BITD and burglar proof. It shows no sign of stopping or dropping quality.

Fingers like lightning

filthy1980 's job has never been outsourced

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. There is some rules of thumb about distance a different size where too big is actually worse as your peripheral vision can handle it if the telly is too big. Your viewing experience will be worse if the TV is too big. Clever stuff.

That said plenty on Google about it.

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science
    yeah I've seen that before, I'm going to be almost 5m away, but noway I'm forking out £3k for a 75" TV that will be superseded within 6 months

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. There is some rules of thumb about distance a different size where too big is actually worse as your peripheral vision can handle it if the telly is too big. Your viewing experience will be worse if the TV is too big. Clever stuff.

That said plenty on Google about it.

TV Size to Distance Calculator and Science
    Just has to be big enough to see the nipples, and far enough away so as not to get jizz on the screen.....

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Toshiba 32" CRT similar to this but 5 years older and a bit smaller https://www.cnet.com/uk/products/toshiba-36zp48/review/

Absolute top of the range BITD and burglar proof. It shows no sign of stopping or dropping quality.
    You mean it's hard for a burglar to whack you with it due to the fact it is fecking heavy? Burglars don't steal TVs any more from people's house.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean it's hard for a burglar to whack you with it due to the fact it is fecking heavy? Burglars don't steal TVs any more from people's house.
    They don't?

How about my 2011 MBP then?

What do they steal these days?

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    They don't?

How about my 2011 MBP then?

What do they steal these days?
    1. ID stuff like passports and driving licences
    2. Money stuff like cash and credit/debit cards especially those with chips. Also jewellery.
    3. Small higher value electrical goods like laptops, mobile phones and games consoles
    4. Vehicular stuff like cars, push bikes*, motorbikes and scooters - though they tend to be stolen to order
    5. Garden stuff - people have weird stuff stolen from their gardens so it can be plants, ornaments, bricks or whatever.
    6. Baby buggies

In short it needs to be small enough to hide easy or a means of escape as well. The weird stuff like the garden stuff I guess it's just opportunists with vans.

*You push bike just needs to be worth more than £200 and someone will try and steal it.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 1st September 2017 at 15:04.

Banned

Bee is NOT a disguised employee

1. ID stuff like passports and driving licences
    2. Money stuff like cash and credit/debit cards especially those with chips. Also jewellery.
    3. Small higher value electrical goods like laptops, mobile phones and games consoles
    4. Vehicular stuff like cars, push bikes*, motorbikes and scooters - though they tend to be stolen to order
    5. Garden stuff - people have weird stuff stolen from their gardens so it can be plants, ornaments, bricks or whatever.
    6. Baby buggies

In short it needs to be small enough to hide easy or a means of escape as well. The weird stuff like the garden stuff I guess it's just opportunists with vans.

*You push bike just needs to be worth more than £200 and someone will try and steal it.
    Bulltulip.

This is your argument for not believe that TV's are not stolen.
    TVs are stolen too, and your pants ...

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    Bulltulip.

This is your argument for not believe that TV's are not stolen.
    TVs are stolen too, and your pants ...

This is the UK not Portugal.

Use a bit of common sense why would you steal a 55 inch TV from a home which you may have to get off the wall and detangle cables from speakers, DVD players, Sky box, etc from it plus get it outside to a van without notifying the neighbours, when you can steal a passport and laptop which you can put in a carrier bag and get on the bus with?

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

This is the UK not Portugal.

Use a bit of common sense why would you steal a 55 inch TV from a home which you may have to get off the wall and detangle cables from speakers, DVD players, Sky box, etc from it plus get it outside to a van without notifying the neighbours, when you can steal a passport and laptop which you can put in a carrier bag and get on the bus with?
    The largest thing I had stolen was a brand new washing machine that was plumbed in.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    The largest thing I had stolen was a brand new washing machine that was plumbed in.
    Fell onto the back of a van.