• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is your TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't have one. I find the cinema in the basement is big enough.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I got a 50" plazzy I got in 2006, Panasonic Viera, belting telly. Kept waiting for it to break but it won't so now it's in my bedroom. £1600 back then....

Bought a Hisense 65" LED, UHD, good telly but colours are not as vibrant as the Panny. £760 last year...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        How big is your TV ?

Ours is 42", Panasonic plasma, bought it 8 years ago just before the Olympics in China.

It's a classic TV and the damn thing won't die and I refuse to replace it while it still works

Milan
        hah same here. I keep thinking of replacing my 42" Panasonic but it just keeps on working.

Comment

In the lounge we have a 37" tv, not smart and only two hdmi ports. However I am in the process of sourcing a new larger 49" tv in the next couple of months.

Comment

40" - though it's now playing up. Doubt I'll go any bigger.

Comment

I've had a 75" recess built to house a new tv, but 75" maybe a little overkill so in the market for a 65"

current one is only 40"

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                I've had a 75" recess built to house a new tv, but 75" maybe a little overkill so in the market for a 65"

current one is only 40"
                Talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. There is some rules of thumb about distance a different size where too big is actually worse as your peripheral vision can handle it if the telly is too big. Your viewing experience will be worse if the TV is too big. Clever stuff.

That said plenty on Google about it.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-...e-relationship
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  hah same here. I keep thinking of replacing my 42" Panasonic but it just keeps on working.
                  I have to vacuum ours every few months, at the back where the fans are and any other vents where I can vacuum

A few years ago it started "popping" and switching itself off, a friend said vacuum it every so often and get the dust out of it so it doesn't get too hot

seems to work, it's still going strong

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    How big is your TV ?

Ours is 42", Panasonic plasma, bought it 8 years ago just before the Olympics in China.

It's a classic TV and the damn thing won't die and I refuse to replace it while it still works

Milan
                    Never wanted a TV

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Don't have one. I find the cinema in the basement is big enough.
                      Is the smell of formaldehyde alluring or off-putting? Or are you just used to it by now?

Comment

Working...
                      X