• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract that has only job title is it closer IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasTor View Post
    TheFaQQer What do you mean by
    "Watching reruns of Dallas recently, I noticed that your signature isn't a correct quote, SE." ?
    "Dallas" is a television programme which aired from 1978 to 1991. During the ninth season (which is generally regarded as non canon) episode "Rock Bottom", Sue Ellen talks to her husband after the funeral of his brother, Bobby. JR isn't happy with Sue Ellen, and says to her that she's a nobody. He includes the line "You’re just a bad memory that doesn’t know when to go away".

The ContractorUK poster using the forum name "SueEllen" has a line in her signature "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" so I was pointing out to her that when I was watching the previously aired episodes recently, I became aware that the signature used by SueEllen on ContractorUK is not an exact quotation from the episode "Rock Bottom".

That's what I meant by "Watching reruns of Dallas recently, I noticed that your signature isn't a correct quote, SE.".

I apologise for any lack of clarity in my original post.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      "Dallas" is a television programme which aired from 1978 to 1991. During the ninth season (which is generally regarded as non canon) episode "Rock Bottom", Sue Ellen talks to her husband after the funeral of his brother, Bobby. JR isn't happy with Sue Ellen, and says to her that she's a nobody. He includes the line "You’re just a bad memory that doesn’t know when to go away".

The ContractorUK poster using the forum name "SueEllen" has a line in her signature "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" so I was pointing out to her that when I was watching the previously aired episodes recently, I became aware that the signature used by SueEllen on ContractorUK is not an exact quotation from the episode "Rock Bottom".

That's what I meant by "Watching reruns of Dallas recently, I noticed that your signature isn't a correct quote, SE.".

The real question here is why are you watching reruns of Dallas? oh it ends up all being a dream in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        The real question here is why are you watching reruns of Dallas? oh it ends up all being a dream in the end.
        Only season 9 is a dream, which is why it's considered non canon.

Though Pam does have some eerie premonitions that seem to come true in season 10.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Only season 9 is a dream, which is why it's considered non canon.

Though Pam does have some eerie premonitions that seem to come true in season 10.
          ahh Pam, now there is the reason to watch Dallas.

Comment

Why do you feel it necessary to add the words 'previously aired'? If you write 'recently' and you have already given the dates of 1978 to 1991, then the added words suggest that some episodes may not have been previously aired. You are confusing this even more. Please clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Why do you feel it necessary to add the words 'previously aired'? If you write 'recently' and you have already given the dates of 1978 to 1991, then the added words suggest that some episodes may not have been previously aired. You are confusing this even more. Please clarify.
              Oh for fecksake.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Oh for fecksake.
                feck's sake

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  feck's sake
                  Needs exclaimation marks for maximum impact!!!!
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And no one gets abducted in a UFO in the final episode, which I found disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Needs exclaimation marks for maximum impact!!!!
                      exclamation

Comment

Working...
                      X