• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ignoring economics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Regardless of the type of change, some people live their lives in fear of it. You can see that in the tone of some of the posters.
    Yes, it seems to be almost the defining quality of stick-in-the-mud Remainers, terrified of new challenges and desperately trying to cling to their EU comfort blanket.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Yes, it seems to be almost the defining quality of stick-in-the-mud Remainers, terrified of new challenges and desperately trying to cling to their EU comfort blanket.
      How are you dealing with the changes in the make-up of the British populace since 1945?

Comment

Labour will end up backing a second referendum

Adonis predicts that Labour will back a second referendum, as it has embraced a meaningful Brexit transitional period. “Once Labour’s in favour it’s only a matter of time before the government has to concede … I would be very surprised if we’re not committed to a referendum on the exit terms within six months. The thing I only always learned from Tony [Blair] is ‘get the policy right and the politics will follow’. The right policy is a referendum on the exit terms, the politics will sort itself out.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          You can be as clever as you like but if you have anything wrong with you, you'll lose even more hard-earned income going private because you can kiss good bye to getting treatment on the NHS within 11 months.

Last week a motorbike shop in the next town to me was broken into at around 5 am. The thieves nicked one bike and then came back but were confronted by one of the staff. So they smashed his face in. Fortunately the police arrived on the scene. 50 minutes later. There's a big police station two minutes walk away but of course it was empty and the coppers had to drive from the county headquarters twenty miles away.

Further economic distress will not be confined to the unwashed - we'll also all feel it as things crumble around us.
          The NHS is already a 2nd rate organisation compared to many continental services.
          I've had the best private coverage for years - it's only sensible.
          But you're right, the shrinkage in the economy after Brexit will put even more pressure on it.
          I also expect the debt to GDP ratio to rise above 100%.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I also expect the debt to GDP ratio to rise above 100%.
            That was going to be the case anyway. Gordon Brown's tax credits and housing benefit - now we are a country of private renters rather than public housing renters means the Government has a structural deficit it cannot close and doesn't have the political will to even pretend to be closing...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              That was going to be the case anyway. Gordon Brown's tax credits and housing benefit - now we are a country of private renters rather than public housing renters means the Government has a structural deficit it cannot close and doesn't have the political will to even pretend to be closing...
              we could just print the cash and pay it off (the debt that is).
              Dunno why we don't really. We need some inflation anyway.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                we could just print the cash and pay it off (the debt that is).
                Dunno why we don't really. We need some inflation anyway.
                That is what the vast majority of QE has been... It's not made much difference...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  How are you dealing with the changes in the make-up of the British populace since 1945?
                  Better the the Remainers on here, the vast majority have already f***ed off out of the UK or are just about to.

Comment

It's in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      That is what the vast majority of QE has been... It's not made much difference...
                      That's been used to re-capitalise the banks. The entire economy has been devalued to fix their balance sheets.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X