• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ignoring economics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Because it will leave the British people in the grip of the British ruling class and they are more rapacious than the broader European ruling class. Or did you believe hedge fund owning Rees Mogg when he described Brexit as a blow against the establishment?

Ignoring economics of course.
    Reed Mogg doesn't draw expenses being independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements. He was also elected twice (in a predominantly Labour constituency) unlike the people over the channel who are trying to rule us and who have just asked for a multi-million Euro increase in their own expenses.

If that's your best argument, then I suspect you should probably give up now.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

“I've always figured that if God wanted us to go to church a lot, he'd have given us bigger behinds to sit on and smaller heads to think with."
      When did you put that as your <whatever its called>?

Most sensible thing I've seen on CUK for ages.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Reed Mogg doesn't draw expenses being independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements. He was also elected twice (in a predominantly Labour constituency) unlike the people over the channel who are trying to rule us and who have just asked for a multi-million Euro increase in their own expenses.

Nice non sequitur.

Comment

Guys ignoring economics was the thread title for a reason.

Now any sensible answers?

Comment

Reed Mogg doesn't draw expenses being independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements..
            The achievement being when his mother pushed him out.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Funny how these old Etonians are self made men.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Funny how these old Etonians are self made men.
                Yes and there are always people born wealthier than you.

But back on topic?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Guys ignoring economics was the thread title for a reason.

Now any sensible answers?
                  You can't give a sensible answer to a silly question.
                  The reality is you can't argue that being poorer but "free" is a better option since poorer countries can't eventually afford to defend their sovereignty.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Yes and there are always people born wealthier than you.

But back on topic?
                    The conversation thread was about the establishment.

Mal claimed:
                    Reed Mogg doesn't draw expenses being independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements

Comment

I wish I had parents who could have afforded to educate me at Eton College then when I made money using the opportunities them paying for my education gave me I could say it was off my own back.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X