• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ignoring economics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We would miss Michel Barmier promising to 'educate' the British people as we don't understand why leaving mother Eussr is bad no one has ever explained it to us properly.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well nuff said, I think. We are presemted with anonsense question, so giving a nonsense answer in response provokes a lot of ill-informed claptrap about privileged classes and education, carefully ignoring the point I was making, which is that 90% of all Remoaners are talking arrant bollocks.

Not to mention that they are the ones refusing to answer the question.

And also not mentioning that the whole point of independence is to take control of our own economy*, hence "ignoring economics" is a pointless condition all by itself.

* And yes, it is, by a variety of means. It's really sad that the Remoaners in our fairly well educated, top 5% of earners CUK community cannot understand that, or defend their own position. So it's all been enormous fun but it's getting really boring now.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I wish I had parents who could have afforded to educate me at Eton College then when I made money using the opportunities them paying for my education gave me I could say it was off my own back.
        But sadly you can't, and in place of that you simply choose to whine bitterly and incessantly from your public sector virtue bubble.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Rather facetious question

It's a bit like saying "If I was involved in a massive car crash, what would be the down sides if we ignore being in hospital for 11 months, losing the use of my legs and not being able to contract ever again because of crippling headaches after an hour at my PC, etc etc?"

"Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Well nuff said, I think. We are presemted with anonsense question, so giving a nonsense answer in response provokes a lot of ill-informed claptrap about privileged classes and education, carefully ignoring the point I was making, which is that 90% of all Remoaners are talking arrant bollocks.

Not to mention that they are the ones refusing to answer the question.

And also not mentioning that the whole point of independence is to take control of our own economy*, hence "ignoring economics" is a pointless condition all by itself.

* And yes, it is, by a variety of means. It's really sad that the Remoaners in our fairly well educated, top 5% of earners CUK community cannot understand that, or defend their own position. So it's all been enormous fun but it's getting really boring now.
            So is Rees Mogg independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              So is Rees Mogg independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements?
              Yes see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sounds like he had a tough start.

Rees-Mogg is the son of William Rees-Mogg, a former editor of The Times, and his wife Gillian Shakespeare Morris.[7] He has three sisters and a brother.[7] A younger sister, Annunziata Rees-Mogg, is an English freelance journalist, focusing on finance, economics, and European politics. A member of an established Somerset family of coal mine owners,[8] Rees-Mogg was born in Hammersmith, London, and grew up in Ston Easton, Somerset.

Rees-Mogg was educated at Eton College and subsequently read History at Trinity College, Oxford, from where he graduated with an upper second-class honours degree in 1991.[9][10] He became president of the Oxford University Conservative Association and was a member and frequent debater at the Oxford Union, where he was elected Librarian.[11][12]

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Are you saying the UK is not an independent country? Are you saying we don't control our own economy?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Are you saying the UK is not an independent country? Are you saying we don't control our own economy?
                    Stop avoiding the question.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      But sadly you can't, and in place of that you simply choose to whine bitterly and incessantly from your public sector virtue bubble.

I don't work in the public sector, and of course I can't or couldn't for a variety of reasons the most important being I'm the wrong sex and gender.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X