• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nightmare In..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightmare In..

Iver.

New interesting street furniture.

linky

The bollards, known as Bill and Belinda, have been installed near Iver infants and juniors in Buckinghamshire as a deterrent to speeding drivers, however many residents have hit out at the hair-raising figures calling them an “eyesore” and potentially hazardous.

Beeb link
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Iver.

linky

Beeb link
    I demand an immediate moral panic, with blame placed squarely either on the EU or Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I demand an immediate moral panic, with blame placed squarely either on the EU or Brexit.
      Please, please if you are going to cram Brexit into every thread please make it funny or interesting. Pretty please.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Iver.

linky

Beeb link
        Naturally they had to make one of the bollards "ethnically diverse". You couldn't make this tulip up!
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Please, please if you are going to cram Brexit into every thread please make it funny or interesting. Pretty please.
          Why? Is it annoying or boring you?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Naturally they had to make one of the bollards "ethnically diverse". You couldn't make this tulip up!
            Why not?

Iver isn't completely white you know.

Comment

Not that new - we've had them for years by one Leicester school. Here's a couple of them captured on Street View in 2009: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.61...7i13312!8i6656

And some more a bit further down: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.61...7i13312!8i6656

For the record, here's the minutes of the community meeting where their installation was approved: Agenda for Castle Community Meeting on Tuesday, 7 July 2009, 6:30 pm – Leicester City Council

And the Daily Mail did a story about them (acting like they were a new thing, though in reality it was just that somebody had posted a pic of them on Reddit) in 2013, when they presumably had as slow a news day as the Telegraph and the Beeb obviously had

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                The white one is an Irish traveller.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Not that new - we've had them for years by one Leicester school. Here's a couple of them captured on Street View in 2009: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.61...7i13312!8i6656

And some more a bit further down: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.61...7i13312!8i6656

For the record, here's the minutes of the community meeting where their installation was approved: Agenda for Castle Community Meeting on Tuesday, 7 July 2009, 6:30 pm – Leicester City Council

And the Daily Mail did a story about them (acting like they were a new thing, though in reality it was just that somebody had posted a pic of them on Reddit) in 2013, when they presumably had as slow a news day as the Telegraph and the Beeb obviously had
                  So, in summary, it's just a load of bollards?

Comment

Oooh I'm going to ask for some in my area

Comment

Working...
                    X