• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tatties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    what's new with you Shawn, have you sell DirtBox cottage yet ?

Will you be downsizing and relasing equity or re-investing the whole principal in an alternative ?

Milan.

Youngest is off to Uni later this month. The plan is to downsize and move to something smaller as we have no need of 6 bedrooms.
    Will be doing this in slow time however as prices are still nudging upwards so good for us financially.
    Hope to be in smaller gaff with no mortgage and a decent warchest in around 2 years time .

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Never tried tatties though we now have the space. The old place only had a town garden so I focused on luxuries - currants, raspberries and blueberries. I guess they're pretty low-maintenance to grow?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Youngest is off to Uni later this month. The plan is to downsize and move to something smaller as we have no need of 6 bedrooms.
        Will be doing this in slow time however as prices are still nudging upwards so good for us financially.
        Hope to be in smaller gaff with no mortgage and a decent warchest in around 2 years time .

Six bedder in Torquay hey. What will you do with that 150k???
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Six bedder in Torquay hey. What will you do with that 150k???
          Pay for you to clean his toilet for 15 years.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Shauny never makes it to the toilet in time.

Comment

My chives plants have flourished like crazy. But since planting them I've learned that coal fire ash is not a suitable fertilizer for edible plants, not because it doesn't work (quite the opposite) but because it contains more heavy metals than wood ash. But I may still use them, because I guess a pinch of arsenic or something won't actually kill you.

I've also transferred twenty strawberry plants from pots to a large flowerbed, in time for them to start throwing out their "feelers" and producing more strawberry plants for next year.

After an uncertain start last year, my loganberry plant has recently sprouted loads of new shoots and should produce quite a few more berries next year (The birds pinched them all this year!)

Birds have also pinched every single berry from my redcurrent bushes, but they left my blackcurrent bushes, equally prominent and groaning with berries, completely untouched. I guess the birds round my way must be racists, which is ironic really as I think the main culprits are blackbirds!

Hoping my cherry trees will also start producing a few cherries next year as they are now almost as tall as me.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                This is my first year with chillies, I've got a couple in a pot outside. I think I put them out too late and some are just not growing.
                I had to cut a few off last night as some pesky insect had gone through them and cut a couple of others, washed and frozen.
                Not sure when the right time to pick is, but I'm going to go better at them next year.
                Chillies and peppers you can grow inside if you have the space and the sun e.g. conservatory, green house, even a window sill

They are perennials so if you grow them inside they can last a few years and they will fruit in winter.

However depending on the variety you will need to use a paint brush to pollinate them.

I don't advise moving out door grown chillies or pepper plants indoor as they probably have bugs on them which proliferate if you move them. (I learnt that the hard way.)

I don't grow them anymore as the mini-peppers and even variety of chillies I use to grow you can now get in loads of supermarkets. I actually took seeds from some mini-peppers brought from the supermarket to grow my plants and I was surprised as they turned out true.

I now just grow herbs as they are expensive plus the vermin squirrels don't try and eat them.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Is that the best you do? Even Scotspine was remotely funny and he's was a boring Scottish twat.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    My chives plants have flourished like crazy. But since planting them I've learned that coal fire ash is not a suitable fertilizer for edible plants, not because it doesn't work (quite the opposite) but because it contains more heavy metals than wood ash. But I may still use them, because I guess a pinch of arsenic or something won't actually kill you.

I've also transferred twenty strawberry plants from pots to a large flowerbed, in time for them to start throwing out their "feelers" and producing more strawberry plants for next year.

After an uncertain start last year, my loganberry plant has recently sprouted loads of new shoots and should produce quite a few more berries next year (The birds pinched them all this year!)

Birds have also pinched every single berry from my redcurrent bushes, but they left my blackcurrent bushes, equally prominent and groaning with berries, completely untouched. I guess the birds round my way must be racists, which is ironic really as I think the main culprits are blackbirds!

Hoping my cherry trees will also start producing a few cherries next year as they are now almost as tall as me.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Chillies and peppers you can grow inside if you have the space and the sun e.g. conservatory, green house, even a window sill

They are perennials so if you grow them inside they can last a few years and they will fruit in winter.

However depending on the variety you will need to use a paint brush to pollinate them.

I don't advise moving out door grown chillies or pepper plants indoor as they probably have bugs on them which proliferate if you move them. (I learnt that the hard way.)

I don't grow them anymore as the mini-peppers and even variety of chillies I use to grow you can now get in loads of supermarkets. I actually took seeds from some mini-peppers brought from the supermarket to grow my plants and I was surprised as they turned out true.

I now just grow herbs as they are expensive plus the vermin squirrels don't try and eat them.

Chiili's, cherry trees? You lot are amateurs.

I've recently started growing triffids in a small paddock at the back of the house. They start small but grow really quickly & you can make a pretty penny off their sap. Of course you've got to be careful when you go near them & always make sure the paddock is locked, but they've come up a treat in the warm weather this week. In addition, I now don't have any neighbourhood cats coming in the garden and funnily my next door neighbours who back onto the paddock made an awful fuss but I've not heard anything for a few weeks since one of them took the padlock off.

Comment

well that is £3K I suppose he could spend the rest on women!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X