• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking News - for those who are employees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sal View Post
    No need to setup meeting even, you can just pick the status like in Lync, so not sure what woohoo is rambling about.

Not sure how it all plays out with employment contract clauses stating that all company provided accounts activity is monitored for security reasons etc.

Anyway, not being able to decouple personal life during work is one thing. Use the company provided e-mail/chat is beyond lazy/stupid.
    Abuse of company property?

Use of company property for non work related items?

It is one thing not letting someone check their own personal e-mails/messages

it is completely different using company mail/chat for personal

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
      No need to setup meeting even, you can just pick the status like in Lync, so not sure what woohoo is rambling about.

Not sure how it all plays out with employment contract clauses stating that all company provided accounts activity is monitored for security reasons etc.

Anyway, not being able to decouple personal life during work is one thing. Use the company provided e-mail/chat is beyond lazy/stupid.
      Skype app for windows 10, it's yet another version of skype (universal windows app). You can't change the status to always set it online.

No need to insult sal, just ask a question.

Like why are you such a prick?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Skype app for windows 10, it's yet another version of skype (universal windows app). You can't change the status to always set it online.
        Not Skype for Business therefore not related to company provided instant messaging.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

No need to insult sal, just ask a question.

Like why are you such a prick?
          I can change my status and am on Windows 10. Am I using a downloaded Skype programme rather than an app you access from the tile thingies?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            I can change my status and am on Windows 10. Am I using a downloaded Skype programme rather than an app you access from the tile thingies?
            yep the new version is a UWP app and the classic version is still supported. Not sure for how long.

Comment

yep the new version is a UWP app and the classic version is still supported. Not sure for how long.
              I will cling to my Classic Shell etc. for as long as I can.

Comment

Working...
              X