• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 British Neo-Nazis Arrested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Why are you quoting an internet question and answer site?

If you want to be taken seriously at least post from an article from a Social Science journal/magazine/book, or article in a newspaper written by an academic in the relevant subject.
    Many apologies, now that I understand the level of academic rigor required to post on CUK General I will have to up my game.

I suspect though if I went to the effort that would be countered by a simple "thats bollox".

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
      This is getting a little deep for an internet forum.

Morality is relative not absolute, and entirely subjective.

https://www.quora.com/Is-morality-ab...r-relative-Why
      The relativeness/absoluteness of morality is irrelevant to the demonstrated fact that the phrase "One man's terrorism is another man's freedom fighter" is not a universal (absolute) truth applicable in all situations.

Any of the categories you mentioned, to place any particular act or organisation in any category is down to personal opinion nothing more.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...p-rosie-cooper

An alleged member of the banned neo-Nazi group National Action has appeared in court accused of plotting to murder a Labour MP with a machete and threatening to kill a police officer.

The 22-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Westminster magistrates’ court charged with intention to commit terrorism, namely buying a Gladius machete to murder Rosie Cooper, the MP for West Lancashire.

He is alleged to have purchased the machete between 5 June and 3 July. He also faces a charge of a threat to kill a detective constable and of being a member of a proscribed organisation, National Action. He allegedly made the threat on 1 July.

Christopher Lythgoe, 31, also appeared, charged with giving the 22-year-old defendant permission on 1 July to murder Cooper in the name of National Action.

Lythgoe, from Warrington, and four other men were also charged with being members of the organisation.

The other men are: Garron Helm, 24, of Seaforth, Merseyside; Matthew Hankinson, 23, of Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside; Andrew Clarke, 33, of Warrington and Michael Trubini, 35, of Warrington.

All men, including the 22-year-old, are charged with being members of the organisation between 16 December last year and 27 September.

Comment

Working...
        X