Place yer bets looks like a second referendum is coming Place yer bets looks like a second referendum is coming - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 134
  1. #21

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bad idea for a re-run of any referendum.

    People in the UK don't like being told how to vote.
    Spot-on. It'll be seen as an attempted stitch-up (which it basically is).

  2. #22

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Bad idea for a re-run of any referendum.

    People in the UK don't like being told how to vote.
    People can vote as they like. Why is it bad to have the vote confirmed ?

    A second referendum confirming leave would be great for my Euro savings. At the moment all this "hope" is propping the pound up. The UK is injured but the paramedics are pumping the heart. The bullet needs to be fired through the temple,

    I'm alright Jack

  3. #23

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    Wrong. If it didn't affect you, you wouldn't spend your days hunting for anti-Brexit articles and posting all your regular bulltulip on this forum!
    Not everyone is as selfish as you. I'll have the automatic right to work in the EU (spouse with dual nat).
    But I'm sad about the country as a whole - although now my thinking is that the only way to move on is to have a hard Brexit and see how it goes.
    Because anything other a hard Brexit isn't Brexit at all. SO people need to feel the impact of their decisions.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #24

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Spot-on. It'll be seen as an attempted stitch-up (which it basically is).
    calm down lads

    look we've said it before, you're going to get your Brexit, nothing to worry about, Brexit is a dead cert

    the next step is that you, who want the Brexit, decide how you want the Brexit to look

    what's not to like ?

    Milan.

  5. #25

    Fingers like lightning

    rl4engc 's job has never been outsourced

    rl4engc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Those lot can't get their odds right; I was this close to putting a £5K bet on with these for Brexit as up until the first results started to come in they were offering odds of around 12/5. I only didn't as it needed me to phone up rather than do it online so I threw a bag over it.

    Probably best as the majority wasn't as big as I'd thought it would be, still, it would have been the easiest £12K I'd ever have made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

  6. #26

    Fingers like lightning

    rl4engc 's job has never been outsourced

    rl4engc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by assguru View Post
    I'm sad about the country as a whole
    Don't worry your little self, the country is going to be fine. There's been two important near misses in the last year or so;

    The first was avoiding staying in the EU.
    The second was avoiding Komrade Korbyn getting into power.

    Luckily in both cases it was common sense that prevailed over youth, ignorance and the self-interested 'elite'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

  7. #27

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    Don't worry your little self, the country is going to be fine. There's been two important near misses in the last year or so;

    The first was avoiding staying in the EU.
    The second was avoiding Komrade Korbyn getting into power.

    Luckily in both cases it was common sense that prevailed over youth, ignorance and the self-interested 'elite'.
    If you think either of those is off the agenda you're a cretin.
    First of all, a soft Brexit (i.e. staying in the CU and/or SM, which isn't a real Brexit) is still on the cards.
    Second, Corbyn is almost a dead cert in the next election, all he has to do is wait for the Tories to destroy themselves and make themselves unelectable.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #28

    Fingers like lightning

    rl4engc 's job has never been outsourced

    rl4engc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by assguru View Post
    First of all, a soft Brexit (i.e. staying in the CU and/or SM, which isn't a real Brexit) is still on the cards.
    Second, Corbyn is almost a dead cert in the next election, all he has to do is wait for the Tories to destroy themselves and make themselves unelectable.
    No it isn't.
    No he isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

  9. #29

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    No it isn't.
    No he isn't.
    You're clearly mad as a box of frogs.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  10. #30

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    If you think either of those is off the agenda you're a cretin.
    First of all, a soft Brexit (i.e. staying in the CU and/or SM, which isn't a real Brexit) is still on the cards.
    Second, Corbyn is almost a dead cert in the next election, all he has to do is wait for the Tories to destroy themselves and make themselves unelectable.
    What we're heading for is a "fudged" Brexit cobbled together at the last minute in March 2019 to prevent the country from falling apart, followed shortly after by a GE which will be won resoundingly by Corbyn and therefore realising the worst possible scenario for a typical Brexit voter, who will have had his wish granted but not in the way he expected.

    I'm alright Jack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •