• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake Agencies/Job Ads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Agencies/Job Ads

Just started looking on Jobswerve again as it's looking like I won't be boomed in this gig; I noticed a lot of generic looking adverts that I remember from the last time I was searching, two in particular are "Noir Consulting" and "Dawson & Walsh".

Job title is always "Job Title - [World Class Entertainment Co | Global Technology Brand | Fintech Company | Music Industry | Social Media | FTSE 100 Company] - Location"

Whois reveals that a Sanjay Daryanani is the registrant of D&W, but also director of Noir and D&W Limited.

I know there are a lot of absolute Tulips in the world of agencies, but surely it costs them money for every fake job advert they post?

Perhaps CUK could have a "Agencies confirmed as being proficient in bulltulip" sticky or similar?
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

It happens. I got stung last year by hydrogen group, applied for one gig then saw exact same in diff location. Sent CV, never got a call, they were both pulled following day.

Oddly the one I did get I thought it was fake due to it being a decent rate, then a pimp called me about that very gig.

It's an odd life contracting.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Still happening. Apply for a gig in Brum just now that I spotted on JS then I notice an exact copy from a few days ago but based in Stoke.

Might be genuine will see if I get a call back.

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 6 September 2017, 15:54.

Comment

I've just had

I wanted to get in touch as I am currently looking for an Experienced Front End Developer for a 6 - 12 Month Contract in Reading. The role requires someone with a very keen eye for detail and proven track record of delivering high end UI. Interviews will start as soon as tomorrow and the role is based in Oxford.

From Rocsearch. It's like they're not even trying

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          I've just had

From Rocsearch. It's like they're not even trying
          Jesus, not a million miles away but no exactly near to each other. If I get a call and it is based in Stoke, my rate goes up.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            Just started looking on Jobswerve again as it's looking like I won't be boomed in this gig; I noticed a lot of generic looking adverts that I remember from the last time I was searching, two in particular are "Noir Consulting" and "Dawson & Walsh".

Job title is always "Job Title - [World Class Entertainment Co | Global Technology Brand | Fintech Company | Music Industry | Social Media | FTSE 100 Company] - Location"

Whois reveals that a Sanjay Daryanani is the registrant of D&W, but also director of Noir and D&W Limited.

I know there are a lot of absolute Tulips in the world of agencies, but surely it costs them money for every fake job advert they post?

Perhaps CUK could have a "Agencies confirmed as being proficient in bulltulip" sticky or similar?
            Sorry to hear that your foray into the banking world did not pan out for you. What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

Yep spotted the same jobs adverts, world class, shares etc.

Funnily enough had a few poor agencies call me recently, one TEKSystems called 3 times. Really poor, just fishing exercise. Wanted me to do a 30 min exam and give all my references for their database to save time in the future.

Comment

Honesty is the best policy....usually....

Last edited by greenlake; 6 September 2017, 16:46.

Comment

Working...
                X