• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody gotta a pool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    anybody gotta pool

we're gonna put one in in the spring

Milan.
    I've got a lake in my garden ... bit murky though and full of ducks and moorhens so wouldn't want to swim in there
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Save yourself time and effort, dig a smaller hole in the garden and just throw loads of cash into it to create the same effect.
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
        Save yourself time and effort, dig a smaller hole in the garden and just throw loads of cash into it to create the same effect.
        Perhaps he can just have one installed in his new Audi Q7....

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
          Like scrooge McDuck?

Comment

We've got an indoor pool. None of that nasty UV to mess up the chemicals means that it's nice and easy to manage. It's not 25 metres long or anything but it's a nice size for a quick dip.

It's heated via a heat exchanger on the boiler return and costs about £60 per month to keep at a nice warm 29°.

The biggest issue is condensation which we keep at bay with a thick thermal cover and an automatic extractor fan.

It was already in the house when we bought it. One of the benefits of not having to pay London prices.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

That sounds far too good to be true! £60/month... are you in California?! At that kind of cost it almost sounds attractive.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A pool is like a wife apparently, 'kin expensive for the amount of time you actually spend in it...

Comment

I don't like swimming pools. I have a big artificial pond with an island with a bridge, has nature enough to do a National Geographic documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    I don't like swimming pools. I have a big artificial pond with an island with a bridge, has nature enough to do a National Geographic documentary.
                    Lucky you, but you won't be so lucky if you take in through your nose a brain-eating amoeba, which flourish in untreated warm water
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      That sounds far too good to be true! £60/month... are you in California?! At that kind of cost it almost sounds attractive.
                      With indoor pools the expense is in the pool room setup not the running costs. A 95% reflective cover helps immensely as does an efficient boiler.
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X