• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

THE worst first date ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats brexit britain for you

Comment

gardyloo

"Interjection. gardyloo. (Scotland, obsolete) Used by servants in medieval Scotland to warn passers-by of waste about to be thrown from a window into the street below. The term was still in use as late as the 1930s and 1940s, when many people had no indoor toilets."
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        gardyloo (Scotland, obsolete)
        This is one of those rare occasions when you make perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          This is one of those rare occasions when you make perfect sense.
          ditto
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            My sister called me up at 9.27 on a Sunday morning once, about 5 years ago, she was hungover. She'd stayed at a family friends house and they had since gone to work. She decided to use the facilities and relieve some of her hungover state by emptying her bowels into their porcelain.

Unfortunately for her, the shrine which she had picked (there were 2 in the house, typical) wouldn't flush. I guided her through a few troubleshooting tips, made some suggestions, but clearly, nothing was happening. What made my eyebrows raise and hairs stand on end however were the words that followed all the failed steps... "Don't worry bruv, i've fixed it!" - My sister is not renowned for her DIY skills.

30 minutes later I hear a knock on our door and she turns up with a Tesco bag in her hand, holding it out as far in front of her as possible... Clearly, she had gone with the "manual removal method" to clear our good friends lavatory out, and the offending item went into the bin. When I asked her how she had removed the offensive item from the toilet, she simply said "I found the biggest LADEL I could, fished it out, and that was that" ......

..... 6 months later she told me what happened to the ladel; she detolled it, washed it, dried it, and put it back with the other utensils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never had the heart to explain the story to our family friend, but haven't been over for dinner since......

Honest to god, that's a true story from start to finish.
            I feel like CUK invented an emoticon just for this...
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              I feel like CUK invented an emoticon just for this...
              indeed - that was total hurl blow chunks

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Do tube train windows count?
                absolutely....

and.... ?
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  indeed - that was total hurl blow chunks
                  That Emoticon is preeeetttyyyyy accurate. It would've been almost acceptable if she had just thrown the damn ladel away with the tulip....

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                    Honest to god, that's a true story from start to finish.
                    And the winner is ........

Comment

Got to be one of the most embarrassing reasons for calling out the fire brigade.

Though I remember a story going around at college about a student getting a bj from his girlfriend, got his foreskin stuck in her teeth brace and had to call out the fire brigade.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X