• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm Bibihal not from Sweden

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by excon View Post
    Classic straw man argument, can I have a go?

There is certain type of self hating Brit who thinks we live in the worst country in the world, our food is rubbish, our woman are fugly, anything foreign and exotic is good, we have no culture or traditions of our own, and all of our history is evil and must be in some way atoned for.

These views are typically held by those that voted remain.
    Ooo, have you ever met one? For myself, I think Britain is a pretty decent place to live, that British culture is to be admired (and our cultural achievements are well received pretty much globally), and that the idea that British Imperialism is evil and we should be ashamed of, is really an idea only put about by lefties and/or jealous johnny foreigners.

HTH.

But you'll agree, the weather is a bit crap. Though I spent a great two week at the beginning of August in the north of England, and although the locals (and British tourists) complained about the weather, I thought it was great.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X