• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflakes catch the bus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    To be fair I spent my teenage years in the outer Hebrides where you got on the bus, gave the driver a nod and paid when you got off.

When I went back to the mainland we landed in Glasgow and I had to get a normal bus for the first time in years.. I honestly thought I was going to be beaten up by the driver when I walked straight on without thinking to pay him!
    Then I didnt know how to pay him because he was in a little perspex box to stop people hitting him with a tiny tray for money... I got some funny looks that day!

Thinking about it, Ive got two kids.. I dont think they have been on public transport more than 2-3 times in their lives... So I can kind of see why they might think that this video is needed - then again, its hardly rocket science. Pretty sure my two could figure it out!
    Failed as a parent.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      It's almost like their Daily Mail reading parents FAILED to raise their children properly and are now trying to blame them for their failings as parents.
      You've not covered yourself in glory with that post.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prejudice

Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Comment

Zeity is pleased to say that he's sussed how to buy railway tickets and board & leave trains.

Zeity is pleased to say that he's sussed out how to hail taxicabs & pay their extortionate fees.

However it's 20 or more years since Zeity had to board a bus that required paying for.

That vid is very helpful.

Especially now Zeity can get a buspass.

Comment

Failed?

Our little one loves the bus, we have to make special trips so she can enjoy them. We do them mainly in France as the parking in Rouen is terrible. Though a trip to town on the bus is popular.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X