• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

off on hols tomorrow, book recommendations required.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Jeffrey Archer has a new one out. I'm sure it will be as good as all his previous work.
    Ditto Dan Brown.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've been reading Tana French of late and would recommend this author.

Comment

how about the boy's own bumper book of brexit, so you don't miss CUK while you're away??

Comment

War and Peace
          Animal Farm
          Mein Kampf
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            War and Peace
            Animal Farm
            Mein Kampf
            WTFH, feel free to not reply to any thread that I start.

Comment

Well, I was going to suggest the Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder or As You Wish by Cary Elwes, but I suspected you'd ignore those.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Reading for Dummies - (forDummies Books, Inc., 1997) Learn to read in 20 chapters.
                A Swift Kick to the Nuts - (Acorn Books, 1986) Self-defense for squirrels.
                Surviving School as a Ginger, the right way - (Loader Press, 2006) Ways in which to avoid bullying and beatings. Some suggestions include wielding a katana or buying a Colt45. Hair-dying covered in the second edition.
                HE Did It - Blaming Your Problems on Others - (Avoidant Press, 2001) This is a handy guide to blaming the other folks in your life. It includes some of the most common problems (mass murder, bad grades, kitten huffing withdrawal) and, using the handy index, allows you to displace the blame onto other sources (parents, teachers, lovers, Oscar Wilde).
                Beastiality for Beginners - (Horse Screw Press, 2004) A step-by-step guide for sneaking on to a farm, choosing the right animal, sedating it, and screwing it.
                Unsupported Assertions That Gel With The Reader's Prejudices - (Not Just A Clever Title Books, 2006)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Don't forget "El horario de los autobuses en Benidorm"
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Well, I was going to suggest the Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder or As You Wish by Cary Elwes, but I suspected you'd ignore those.
                    You suspected correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      I have 4 books for my hols, need two more.

Recommendations please.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Passive-Aggr.../dp/1781573298

Comment

Working...
                      X