• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long should online trades take to execute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long should online trades take to execute?

I'm using Lloyds who use Halifax Share Dealing I think, I thought they'd be executed on the next working day?

I'm buying some GB based funds, nothing exotic, order went in on Friday and it's still showing as "Active" (i.e. not executed/complete yet)

At ClientCo so can't use the online help or phone them up till I get back.

At least they've dropped in price since Friday.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

They'll place the deal on Fridays price and will buy them today at the lower price. Halifax will pocket the difference.

HTH

Comment

Whenever I buy shares using an online broker, the website quotes a price that is valid for 15 seconds or thereabouts, and if I click OK the trade is executed immediately (less than 1 second).

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        I'm using Lloyds who use Halifax Share Dealing I think, I thought they'd be executed on the next working day?
        Mine go on the order book in real time. I assume you deal with shares infrequently. If not, get yourself a proper share dealing service - it'll be cheaper as well.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

same here - trades are executed in real time - a day?!

Next you'll be telling me it takes you several days to send money to the other side of the planet.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

I'm buying some GB based funds, nothing exotic, order went in on Friday and it's still showing as "Active" (i.e. not executed/complete yet)

At ClientCo so can't use the online help or phone them up till I get back.

At least they've dropped in price since Friday.
            There's a fair chance that Barrydidit was involved in the requirements for that, so, there's your problem.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              There's a fair chance that Barrydidit was involved in the requirements for that, so, there's your problem.
              I did explain how it works.

Comment

HL same day transactions
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I did explain how it was supposed to work until it was coded.
                  FTFY
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Cheers all.

This is for a S&S ISA and I'm buying (UK domiciled) funds. So it's not day trading.

I asked on the online chat thing last night and they said something along the lines of "It takes 2 working days from reaching the limit price to when it shows on your account.."

Are they bulltuliping me, like someone mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of delay going on if prices are falling so someone can make a bit of profit by timing, but it's all obscured on the website. Basically you get current price, buy, sell and that's it.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X