• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1 in 79 Brits are property millionaires

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 in 79 Brits are property millionaires

according to the Torygraph 1 in 79 Brits is now a millionaire thanks to property

Surging house prices mean one in 79 Britons is now a millionaire

how cool is that !

how many here are as Sue would say, high net worth individuals ?

Milan.

Not me, a simple life of renting local authority stock is more than sufficient for my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      according to the Torygraph 1 in 79 Brits is now a millionaire thanks to property

Surging house prices mean one in 79 Britons is now a millionaire

how cool is that !

how many here are as Sue would say, high net worth individuals ?

Milan.
      That tells you everything you need to know about Asset bubbles, the current state of the UK economy and the reasons behind the current state of the UK economy...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        That tells you everything you need to know about Asset bubbles, the current state of the UK economy and the reasons behind the current state of the UK economy...
        yes correct but hey, don't scare them all, let's see how many of them think they are rich ;-)

Milan.

Comment

What will make the bubble pop?

Probably a post brexit bubble when all the EU workers have left? High and Low skilled workers. Less demand for housing...

Increased interest rates? Think this will be the most likely myself, the currency continues to devaluate and debts are foreign owned. Soon as bond holders asked for more interest...

Or worst case. People realise £1million house is not worth £1million pounds. Perhaps at best the whole house can be built again for £250k. That will be the most painful outcome.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            What will make the bubble pop?

Probably a post brexit bubble when all the EU workers have left? High and Low skilled workers. Less demand for housing...

Increased interest rates? Think this will be the most likely myself, the currency continues to devaluate and debts are foreign owned. Soon as bond holders asked for more interest...

Or worst case. People realise £1million house is not worth £1million pounds. Perhaps at best the whole house can be built again for £250k. That will be the most painful outcome.
            To know how the bubble pops you need to know how the bubble was created and what's currently holding it together.

I suspect the means for the bubble to pop are already in place (S24 and other changes that are discouraging BTL borrowing and BTL lending). All that is required now is time...

Comment

To know how the bubble pops you need to know how the bubble was created and what's currently holding it together.

I suspect the means for the bubble to pop are already in place (S24 and other changes that are discouraging BTL borrowing and BTL lending). All that is required now is time...
              eek I've told you once and I'm not going to tell you again

don't scare them

let them feel rich it's more fun

Milan.

Comment

All that is required now is time...
                That sounds like what housepricecrash.co.uk were always going on about in the noughties.

There won't be a burst, just a 'reversion to mean'.
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  That sounds like what housepricecrash.co.uk were always going on about in the noughties.

There won't be a burst, just a 'reversion to mean'.
                  I take it you weren't around in 1988-92 to see what happened when a similar minor prop was removed....

Comment

I don't see a house price crash until interest rates get jacked up. House prices in relation to interest rates aren't that high. However if interest rates do get jacked up there will be an almighty crash.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X