• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance

Hoping that someone could possibly advise.

I was contracting for the NHS (Informatics) several years ago and was required to support a particular clinical system in one of our HM prisons. Obviously I got some sort of clearance through after a couple of weeks but I can't remember what level I would have got ? and how long it is valid for ? Would it have been SC do you think ? (I'm currently CTC after working for a Govt dept). How can I find out - is there a specific contact / website ?

TIA

Dave

How many years ago? There's a security clearance sticky in the business forum that might offer some pointers but a call to the security manager at the NHS trust should help.

I doubt it was SC, to be honest.

Comment

Call the security officer of the last client whereby you had clearance. It would have lapsed after 7 years. As I recall the lapse activates after 2 years without use.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have SC Clearance and it took about 3 months to get, so if you got yours in a matter of a couple of weeks then you probably had a watered down version.
        IIRC the SC Clearance is only given for the particular role that you are performing so will probably have ended when the position finished.
        On the positive side though, if you got any sort of clearance in the recent past then unless there have been significant changes to your circumstances you should be fine this time round too.

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

3 months?! What the feck is on your sheet? Mine took only 3-weeks and I'm not even living in the country.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            3 months?! What the feck is on your sheet? Mine took only 3-weeks and I'm not even living in the country.
            Can’t be SC then, I’ve blown mine by moving to Denmark and now Ireland..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              I expect that lavatory cleaners don't face such stringent scrutiny.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Read the sticky in the professional forums titled Security Clearance (SC) Q&A Read first before asking questions.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davidgrtaylor View Post
                  Hoping that someone could possibly advise.

I was contracting for the NHS (Informatics) several years ago and was required to support a particular clinical system in one of our HM prisons. Obviously I got some sort of clearance through after a couple of weeks but I can't remember what level I would have got ? and how long it is valid for ? Would it have been SC do you think ? (I'm currently CTC after working for a Govt dept). How can I find out - is there a specific contact / website ?

TIA

Dave
                  3 years and 4 months ago when you started?

Over use of the word 'To' as well by the way.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Over use of the word 'To' as well by the way.
                    HUH? The word "To" occurred only once in the OP's four-line post
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X