• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which version of Windows?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    My laptop (which is getting on a bit) is running Windows 10 version 1607
    Another computer in the office is running macOS 10.12.6

When I interrogate iCloud, the Mac is reporting that the laptop is running Windows 6.2 (0,0)

Googling Windows 6.2 tells me that NT6.2 is Windows 8, then they jumped to NT10 for Windows 10

If Microsoft don't know what number version of Windows is what number, how is anyone else supposed to know?
    Sounds like the BigMac doesn't know which version of windoze it's interrogating, not that MS haven't got a clue...

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      That's a great bullet point to have in one's CV.
      The pharmacist was actually working behind bullet proof glass in a room inside a metal shuttered building. I was a bit concerned when I turned up on site as it was on Google maps but had no signage.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        The pharmacist was actually working behind bullet proof glass in a room inside a metal shuttered building. I was a bit concerned when I turned up on site as it was on Google maps but had no signage.
        most have felt like home then
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          most have felt like home then
          Better than home. They have methadone.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Sounds like the BigMac doesn't know which version of windoze it's interrogating, not that MS haven't got a clue...
            Indeed. Older windows apps only report the OS version as Windows 8.0 ; to get the proper version number they need to be updated and marked as supporting the newer OS. It's a better solution to the old compatibility mode gubbins.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X