• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which version of Windows?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which version of Windows?

My laptop (which is getting on a bit) is running Windows 10 version 1607
    Another computer in the office is running macOS 10.12.6

When I interrogate iCloud, the Mac is reporting that the laptop is running Windows 6.2 (0,0)

Googling Windows 6.2 tells me that NT6.2 is Windows 8, then they jumped to NT10 for Windows 10

If Microsoft don't know what number version of Windows is what number, how is anyone else supposed to know?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

I feel your pain. Being grade 1 listed, we can't have double glazed ones installed.

Comment

I have to wear a mac inside because of my leaky windows.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        I feel your pain. Being grade 1 listed, we can't have double glazed ones installed.
        Double glazing (and no doubt plastic) windows. You sir are an imposter!

Comment

ClientCo still on Windows XP/IE8 here.

Google maps doesn't work. Wikipedia is about to not work.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            ClientCo still on Windows XP/IE8 here.

Google maps doesn't work. Wikipedia is about to not work.
            There's just no good reason to be on XP anymore... All but the very eldest of legacy apps have pretty much been proven on Windows 7 32 bit... Still could be worse, could be Vista!

Comment

Witch version of windows

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
                There's just no good reason to be on XP anymore... All but the very eldest of legacy apps have pretty much been proven on Windows 7 32 bit... Still could be worse, could be Vista!
                Was talking with a client colleague whose methadone prescribing software only runs on XP.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Was talking with a client colleague whose methadone prescribing software only runs on XP.
                  So your clients are all on methadone...makes sense to drug them first I guess...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    That's a great bullet point to have in one's CV.
                    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Working...
                    X