• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is undertaking acceptable for cyclists?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edinburgh has a 20 mph sped limit covering all of the city. I was undertaken by a cyclist last week because he was simply pedaling faster than the speed limit
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I like doing that too. Best of all is to set off those speed traps that display your speed in green if it's under the limit and red if it's over the limit.

Comment

I can't believe the way some people take their lives in their hands riding through the middle of Bristol every morning. Some of those roundabouts are deathtraps for cycles & I've even seen them towing kids in buggies.

Stupid really because there's no need - the pavements are dual use but I guess they CBA to navigate all the pelican crossings to get across safely.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Buy a bike and go find out.
          Oh god - not another tulipty male cyclist on the road. You know he will be one, because he's tulipty about driving.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Oh god - not another tulipty male cyclist on the road. You know he will be one, because he's tulipty about driving.
            Does this world need any more MAMILs? Can we afford any more MAMILs?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Cycling: Groups call for action on 'car-dooring' - BBC News

If I as a driver undertake another vehicle I am in the wrong, why is it encouraged for cyclists to do the opposite of all other road users.
              because the cycle lane is on the left part of the road?

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
                because the cycle lane is on the left part of the road?
                Don't worry he's a fool.

Comment

I am not sure where I stand on this,
                  but when I do make up my mind, I will be very angry about the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    It is actually called "filtering".

Both cyclists and motorcyclist are allowed to do so. Motorcyclists due to the fact they travel faster tend to do it on the right hand side, while cyclists do it on the left hand side due to the fact they travel slower, and the fact cycle and bus lanes are on that side also.
                    Be aware, if you're abroad, filtering is not legal in all countries.

Most cyclists ride perfectly safely, obeying the rules of the road. We only notice the small minority who don't. Same with crap car drivers. This gives rise to cognitive bias - all cyclists/car drivers are suicidal/murderous idiots.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Be aware, if you're abroad, filtering is not legal in all countries.
                      There is no need to in lots of other European countries as they have lots of cycle lanes which don't have parked cars in them or aren't next to the door zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X