• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geocaching

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geocaching

Walking yesterday and got talking to some chap who's really into this. Got a Garmin Oregon but never used it to search for little boxes full of pencils etc. Looks silly to me, like Pokemon, but who knows?

Any geocache fanatics here?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Walking yesterday and got talking to some chap who's really into this. Got a Garmin Oregon but never used it to search for little boxes full of pencils etc. Looks silly to me, like Pokemon, but who knows?

Mudskipper will be along any moment to encourage you by word and gesture

Comment

I am easily encouraged by Mudskipper!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Give it a go.

Geocaching used to be great - clever hides in nice places, but there are a lot of lazy hides these days. So read the logs, look at ones with 'favourite' points and go have some fun in the woods

Comment

We used to do them occasionally - it's good fun. Bit of an excuse to get out and about and go to places you wouldn't normally.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Tell us if you find the UK's Brexit plan.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              go have some fun in the woods
              Remember who you're suggesting this to.

Comment

Don't forget a roll of carpet and a shovel.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Don't forget a roll of carpet and a shovel.
                  You need to call a spade a spade.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    You need to call a spade a spade.
                    Well, a shovel is shaped like a spade (the card), but a spade (the garden tool) is designed for more precise cutting/digging. A shovel will leave a more natural look to the ground afterwards.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X