• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain second 'most powerful country in the world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

WTF has the UK become since the vote on Brexit?
    Mad as a box of frogs.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me that some Brexiters indeed think Britain is the 2nd most powerful country in the world.
      Their grasp of reality is shaky due to being thick as mince.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        And how many Tory MPs are part of the group?

Oh, but the neoliberals only want to focus on Labour (many of whom campaigned for Brexit), because that's the narrative that they need to promote.

...and the date of your article?

Well the initial signatories to their principles includes Michael Gove, Michael Ancram, Edward Vazey, David Willets and David Trimble.

They are generally classed as Neo-COnservative, rather than Neo-Mazi so I suspect there are quite a few more.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The UK seems to be "surreal". This is a very interesting experiment in "populism". In the US Trump is being blocked but the UK is full steam ahead. The world is a very simple place where you dictate your terms and conditions and everyone else just caves in. Let us now see what happens.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The UK seems to be "surreal". This is a very interesting experiment in "populism". In the US Trump is being blocked but the UK is full steam ahead. The world is a very simple place where you dictate your terms and conditions and everyone else just caves in. Let us now see what happens.

Indeed. I've read in detail a couple of the Uk's "position papers" on Brexit.
            And they basically say "Look EU, we're leaving, but can we have access to to all the good bits but not the bad bits. Ta muchly."

I'm beginning to think, a deal is not what is being aimed for here.
            It's a Tory right-wing coup to reshape the UK as a US style satellite.
            Here's how it it will pan out:

1. Make unrealistic demands of the EU
            2. When they are rejected blame the EU for its intransigence.
            3. Draconian economic measures to be imposed in the resulting economic downturn.

et Voila! the de facto 51st state of the US to be plundered by the Tories and their mates in the US.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

UK inflation unexpectedly jumps as the pound sterling's slump after Brexit vote still affects prices | The Independent

Inflation racing away. If interest rates go up but the pound continues to drop the UK has a problem.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                And they basically say "Look EU, we're leaving, but can we have access to to all the good bits but not the bad bits. Ta muchly."

3. Draconian economic measures to be imposed in the resulting economic downturn.

et Voila! the de facto 51st state of the US to be plundered by the Tories and their mates in the US.
                And of course the destruction of workers' rights.

I am surprised at how quickly they have moved to legislate for powers to move from parliament to government. Just dipping their toe into the Enabling Act water to test the temperature.

Comment

2nd most powerful country eh! Come on guys let's make it number 1.

Go brexxxxxxiiiiittttt.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

I thought the UK was so worthless and pointless we had nothing to be plundered?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      2nd most powerful country eh! Come on guys let's make it number 1.

Go brexxxxxxiiiiittttt.

Comment

Working...
                      X