• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Floaters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought that they were from taking too much LSD when younger, you live and learn...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      I read the reviews first and avoided it. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html
      i predate tripadvisor/google/ the internet etc.

Comment

No they don't get worse, floaters are transparent so you see through them anyway, and if you keep your eyes still they sink to the bottom and you get a clear view.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I have 3 near the centre of vision in my left eye, almost in a straight line with the horizon.

They look little floating snakes and are really noticeable when it's sunny. Which isn't a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              floaters are a sympton of astigmatism (that funny shaped eye-balls not holes in the hand).
              They can also be a sympton of a retina about to detach.

The 1st is nothing to worry about.
              The 2nd is only an issue if the amount of floaters increase over a short space of time. If you've had them years it's just the astigmatism.

IANACO - but I suffer from astigmatism and have a friend who's retina detached.
              Nonsense. I have floaters and I don't have either of those conditions. My eyesight is a smidge better than 20/20.

My floaters' visibility varies according to a few factors - what I'm looking at, tiredness etc. They are nothing to worry about. They're simply the shadow caused by junk floating about in your eye. Linked to age but I've had them since my 20's so not sure what "age" they're linked to.

Floaters - NHS Choices

Comment

I've had them since my 20's apparently even if you remove them they return as it is just junk that slowly disintegrates.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

If they wiggle rather than float then you have a problem.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X