• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Floaters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floaters

Anyone else suffer from floaters, the eye type rather than the trap 2 type?

I have worn contacts for years, and starting to get more and more noticeable, opticians have said there is nothing that can be done but a few "online treatments" suggest that they can be dissolved with lasers which sounds scary as ****, but then again my eyes are the one thing I make sure I look after and the thought of them getting worse (I am not exactly old so lots of years left for them to get worse) fills me with even more dread.

Do they get less noticeable?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I have worn contacts for years, and starting to get more and more noticeable, opticians have said there is nothing that can be done but a few "online treatments" suggest that they can be dissolved with lasers which sounds scary as ****, but then again my eyes are the one thing I make sure I look after and the thought of them getting worse (I am not exactly old so lots of years left for them to get worse) fills me with even more dread.

Common enough. Live with them. Look out for flashers (not the original pm sort), as a sign of detached retina, particularly if very short sighted.

Comment

Bit of a contradiction there IMO.
      floaters vary in annoyance depending on where they are at any time i find, but i suppose it depends how many and how big they are.

Comment

floaters are a sympton of astigmatism (that funny shaped eye-balls not holes in the hand).
        They can also be a sympton of a retina about to detach.

The 1st is nothing to worry about.
        The 2nd is only an issue if the amount of floaters increase over a short space of time. If you've had them years it's just the astigmatism.

IANACO - but I suffer from astigmatism and have a friend who's retina detached.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

kill emm with lots of loo paper.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            there's ALWAYS one................................

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              there's ALWAYS one................................
              He is remembering the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                He is remembering the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.
                That's a complete Sh*tehouse, isn't it? well it was a long time ago I looked in and left.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  You are suppose to chuck them out of the window, find it stuck in-between the gap and get stuck trying to get it out...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    That's a complete Sh*tehouse, isn't it? well it was a long time ago I looked in and left.
                    I read the reviews first and avoided it. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html

Comment

Working...
                    X