• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

words fail me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

words fail me

imagine having to deal with this:
    Monster 'fatberg' found blocking east London sewer - BBC News

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    imagine having to deal with this:
    every morning
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Maybe if they monitored the state of the sewers more frequently, it wouldn't have grown to 250 metres.

A job for robots. Both monitoring the sewers and cleaning them up. It's a tulip job but someone doesn't have to do it.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        A job for robots. Both monitoring the sewers and cleaning them up. It's a tulip job but someone doesn't have to do it.
        I don't think Tulip Bot would fancy the gig either to be honest, he's too good for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          That's Brexit Britain for you!

Comment

I'm sure this guy would make light work of it (surely the worst job in the world...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              Maybe if they monitored the state of the sewers more frequently, it wouldn't have grown to 250 metres.
              They just increased their inspections from weekly to every other day - this is what happens.

London byproduct
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                They just increased their inspections from weekly to every other day - this is what happens.

London byproduct
                This is Thames "let's pile on the debt" water you are talking about.

Personally they should ban wipe type toilet roll as a start. It is a blot on the environment.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Toilet paper breaks down quickly so doesn't cause this issue. It's the disposal of wet wipes and those antibacterial wipes that block drains large and small. Never, ever flush those. They don't break down sufficiently quickly (assuming they ever will) for sewers to cope. Better yet, don't use them! Boilable cloths are far better for the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    This is Thames "let's pile on the debt" water you are talking about.

Personally they should ban wipe type toilet roll as a start. It is a blot on the environment.
                    The three seashells?

Comment

Working...
                    X