• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

U.K. Inflation Jumps More Than Forecast to Match 4-Year High

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    The thing is, I hope the UK does well. I would have hoped the same had we voted Remain.
    So do I, I'm just waiting to find out what direction we are going in and if there is any control, both of which seem to be lacking in the UK negotiation team.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Depends on a whole myriad of things. Do I think the pound continuing to soften from these levels would be a good thing - no. Does a bit of inflation hurt - depends whether wages pick up - but it's the only solution to the vast debts we have. The thing is, I hope the UK does well. I would have hoped the same had we voted Remain.
      You hope? Not trashing the economy in the first place would have been more effective than virtue signalling and pointing fingers at the enemies of the people.

Comment

Apparently the rise is mainly driven by rise in clothing and shoe prices. Good news for us scruffy old gits!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Apparently the rise is mainly driven by rise in clothing and shoe prices. Good news for us scruffy old gits!
          So the recent 30% price rise of butter, cheese, coffee, tea and biscuits seems to be irrelevant.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So the recent 30% price rise of butter, cheese, coffee, tea and biscuits seems to be irrelevant.
            Says ere

food inflation slowed down, dipping from 2.6pc in July to 2.1pc in August, reducing the intensity of the pressure on the weekly shop.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              You hope? Not trashing the economy in the first place would have been more effective than virtue signalling and pointing fingers at the enemies of the people.
              Trashing. Virtue signalling. Enemies of the people. You've got the wrong person.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Welcome to our world.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

With Brexit looming this is a Scrodingers Cat situation , when the box is opened (Brexit Terms and conditions are known) then pound will go up as the uncertainty stops , I have a lot of money riding on this , of course when they call its name (lets call it Boris) and it no longer responds then that's when the pound slumps back again.
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      https://www.theguardian.com/business...e_iOSApp_Other
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X