• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

U.K. Inflation Jumps More Than Forecast to Match 4-Year High

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It was a quote that is perfect in so many of the arguments where facts are ignored in favour of religiously believing, or just burying heads in the sand and laughing.

Possibly your best post/find in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The pound rose on the news of inflation as markets priced in a possible interest rate rise.
      Problem is that an interest rate rise will reduce consumer spending even more and slow down growth.
      And that will cause the pound to fall.

Caught between a rock and a hard place - the classic conundrum of a moribund economy.
      I have set my contract to be between 1st and 30th November 2018 with a 5% continuous increase from Feb 2017, by that time Brexit conditions will be known and pound I believe will rise as spending rises for Christmas period. With conditions of Brexit known either good or bad I believe that businesses knowing where they stand is a better situation than not knowing and pound always rises on business certainty.

With over 60K in this its a huge gamble agreed but you got to put a lot in to get a decent return. Long term I agree with you on inflation and possible national strikes levelling things out but from what I can see inflation is set to drop early 2019 and don't think the national strikes will be effective in Uk, is not a good place for JAMS and they need the cash.
      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
        I have set my contract to be between 1st and 30th November 2018 with a 5% continuous increase from Feb 2017, by that time Brexit conditions will be known and pound I believe will rise as spending rises for Christmas period. With conditions of Brexit known either good or bad I believe that businesses knowing where they stand is a better situation than not knowing and pound always rises on business certainty.

With over 60K in this its a huge gamble agreed but you got to put a lot in to get a decent return. Long term I agree with you on inflation and possible national strikes levelling things out but from what I can see inflation is set to drop early 2019 and don't think the national strikes will be effective in Uk, is not a good place for JAMS and they need the cash.
        You'd be barmy to bet 60K on the future of the pound - in either direction.
        It's in the first stages of becoming a banana republic currency and wild swings are to be expected within the context of an accelerated long-term decline.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

U.K. Inflation Jumps More Than Forecast to Match 4-Year High

You'd be barmy to bet 60K...
          Have you ever seen motoukenin and MF in the same room?
          #JustSayin'
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You'd be barmy to bet 60K on the future of the pound - in either direction.
            It's in the first stages of becoming a banana republic currency and wild swings are to be expected within the context of an accelerated long-term decline.
            You could be right in terms of Macro economics, but to quote yet another cat reference its the dead cat bounce that I look at. With many years of fintech experience I have met a few day traders and this is where a lot of the dealers are also putting their money, there has been a 35% increase in funds to this contract since 18 days ago so ever hopeful.

Any advice on where the dollar/euro is going ?

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
              You could be right in terms of Macro economics, but to quote yet another cat reference its the dead cat bounce that I look at. With many years of fintech experience I have met a few day traders and this is where a lot of the dealers are also putting their money, there has been a 35% increase in funds to this contract since 18 days ago so ever hopeful.

Any advice on where the dollar/euro is going ?
              LMGTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Ah but can you Google the accuracy of Google ?

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1292...h-results.html
                Last edited by motoukenin; 14 September 2017, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
                X